A path paved in darkness

Not requested. 

Art is by me!

I got this idea from a walk in the park. I give you more of Alef, aka The Royal Disaster. And more shall come! 

This is related to 'Hidden in the sand', the aftermath of where (Y/N) dies. For those who are wondering how they died...I actually don't know. But I've come to the conclusion that (Y/N) had a sickness that none of the doctors could have cured (maybe a darkness infestation inside of them) and didn't say anything, as to not worry anyone. Especially Alef. They entered a stage where it was too late for them.

Key things: 

(Y/N) is your name.

This is set in the beginning of the 'Dark stone era'. 

Alef's first steps to becoming the "bad guy". 

Enjoy!

~~~~~~

'Sloosh! Sloosh! Sloosh!' 

Went Alef's black boots as he walked on the marshy floor of the Hidden Forest. He grumbled when traversing through the muddy ground, getting stuck a few times. It was a rainy day today. But he didn't care if he got wet. The weather today was gloomy and depressing, which fitted his mood. Through the many pleads of the Forest Elder, the young prince ignored her and wanted to be alone. No escort, no friends, no one. Just him and the rain. 

Alef grunted, pulling his now soaked and heavy royal attire. Wet strands of hair stuck to his face and he angrily pushed them off, growing irritated with each time it happened. His patience was limited and he barely kept his temper in. Alef was feeling all sorts of emotions. Grief, anger, denial. He felt as if the whole universe was against him. Hated him. His shoulders sagged and his lip trembled, remembering horrible events that happened in the last month. 

'Why couldn't have I saved them? I could have done something...' Just recently, (Y/N) had died of an unknown dark sickness. The memory of them dying in bed struck like a huge wave that Alef almost fell to his knees. 

He remembered it so vividly.

"WHY AREN'T THEY GETTING BETTER?! YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO SAVE LIVES!" Alef yelled into one of the doctor's faces. She winced and backed a little away from the raging prince. "I-I'm sorry your highness! We're doing everything we can, but the medicine isn't working!" She explained helplessly. Alef growled and gave an icy stare to the doctor. 

A weak groan came from the other room. Alef's eyes widened and rushed inside. The doctor cried for him to stop, that he might get ill too. Alef didn't listen and locked the door from the inside. He heard banging from the other side of the room, but he only walked closer to the bed of his beloved. 

 "Alef..? Is that you?" Asked (Y/N), their sightless gaze scanning the room. Their ability to see had been stolen away but the darkness growing inside of them. A few of dark plants grew from a crack in (Y/N)'s face, a black ooze dripping from the rift. 

It broke Alef's heart to see them like this. 

"Yes...I'm here, songbird. I'm here..." He comforted, kneeling beside (Y/N)'s bed. He held their hand. (Y/N) let out raspy breaths. " Alef, you're here...I'm glad." They said, smiling slightly. "Shh, it's ok. I'm here, I'm not leaving your side. You're going to be ok. You're going to be ok..!" He tried to sound hopeful, but you can still hear cracks in his voice. Alef could feel the energy leaving his love, (Y/N)'s breathing and heartbeat became slower. All of a sudden, (Y/N)'s breathing stopped. Their heart no longer pumping blood. The warmth leaving their body.