Sick Day (Elders x Sick!Reader)

Requested by The_Firelady, if the reader is sick and how the elders react to it. This is sorta gonna be a one shot and a scenario mixed together!

Key things:

(Y/N) is your name.

~~~~~~

"Sah! Put me down-ACHOO!"

You sneezed and hit Sah's backside with your fists while he was holding you.

Sah sighed in exasperation from your tantrum. "(Y/N), please don't fight it. You're sick, and I'm sick of you squirming around-hEY! STOP THAT!" Sah yelled, trying to put you down while you were trying to fly away from their grasp and kicking them in the face.

Sah turned to face his sister with a look of desperation in his eyes. "Ugh! Mekh! Can you please hold them?!" The other Valley twin looked at Sah with a neutral look, and then smirked. "No, I think you got it handled." She giggled and walked further a little way from her brother.

"Wha-MEKH! C'MON, HELP ME OUT HERE-OUCH! (Y/N) STOP!"

(Time skip)

After the twins were able to calm you down, they tucked you in one of the guest rooms beds of their palace.

"Guys, c'mon. I'm," Your sentence was cut off by a fit of coughs. "...fine." Mekh was putting her hand on top of your forehead to check your temperature and pushed any strands of white hair away. You weakly pawed at her, but she didn't move.

"Yep. You have a fever." She sighed and retracted her hand back. "I knew we shouldn't have been sledding in the mountains that day."

Sah gave her an incredulous look. "What? That was your idea!"

"Whatever."

The twins turned their attention to the sound of you groaning. "Sah, could you send a message to the others by manta? We're going to need all hands on deck here." Mekh ordered.

Sah saluted in response. "Already on it!"

Your eyes widened and got up from the bed. "W-Wait! There's no need to call them!" Soon you let out a big sneeze and a few coughs.

"Oh, no you don't kid." Mekh pushed you back gently to the bed. You grumbled angrily, but you didn't argue any further.

~~~~~~

Isle:

- Once Daleth came, he offered to make you some tea that would help the throat

- "Ugh! Daleth! This tastes so sour!" "Trust me my dear, it will help. Now be a good lad and drink up."

- After tea, he would sing you lullabies from the old days

- Suffice to say, those calmed you down

~~~~~~

Prairie:

- "Oh (Y/N)! You're sick? Don't worry, uncle Ayin is here to save the day!"

- Ayin practically babied you once it was his turn (they take turns taking care of you)

- You couldn't help but feel annoyed, you knew he meant well but sometimes it just went too far

- Ayin would check on you every five seconds

- "(Y/N) do you need an extra pillow?" "A cup of tea or hot chocolate?" "A nice, warm blanket?"

- "(Y/N)? Are you alright?" "For the 11th time, yes." "Ok, just wanted to make sure. Closes the door. But comes back in not a second later. "Are you really sure?" "ayiN PLEASE-"

~~~~~~

Forest:

- Teth will act like a strict mother while you're sick

- She'll tell you to take many naps, drink lots of water, and drink medicine

- If you don't cooperate, she'll blow a fuse

- "NO! I DON'T WANT TO TAKE IT! IT'S WORSE THAN DALETH'S TEA! Cue Daleth crying in the distance, "I thought you loved my tea!" "CHILD, DRINK YOUR MEDICINE THIS INSTANT OR I SWEAR I'LL-" "OR YOU'LL WHAT-"

- Teth run her hands through your hair to calm you down after a tantrum

~~~~~~

Valley:

- Sah and Mekh mostly let the others take care of you, since they won't. Sah especially.

- But they were forced to

- "Mekh, c'mon! I don't wanna do this. They're scary..." "Bro I know. But I don't want to get another earful by the others."

- Both the twins put a little distance between you and them

- Even putting on an extra sheet of cloth to protect them from getting your colds

- "Why are you guys wearing that? You already have masks." "You can never be too careful (Y/N)."

- If you need to take your medicine, oh boy, they are in for a wild ride

- "MEKH HELP. THEY'VE GONE FERAL-" "YOU PUT THEM DOWN, I'LL GET THE MEDS." "I'LL WHAT-"

- After that whole encounter, the twins are covered with scratches and bandages

~~~~~~

Wasteland:

- Tsadi is one of the more gentler ones

- He prepares a special kind of soup that gave his soldiers when they were sick

- "Please eat the soup (Y/N)." "Egh-I take it back. This might be worse than the tea and medicine." "I know it tastes horrible, but you need it so you can heal properly. Just take a couple of sips, and you're done."

- Tsadi will put you on his chest for a while until you fall asleep

(With Tsadi's, I got the idea from a comic strip someone made on Instagram! The original idea belonged to the creator's :)

~~~~~~

Vault:

- Lamed would pray to MegaBird that you'll feel better soon

- You didn't understand the concept of it much, but you let her do her thing

- She would ask what symptoms you feel and say comforting words to you

- Lamed would also read you your favorite story to help you feel calm and to sleep

~~~~~~

"Well I'm glad that they have finally fallen asleep. But I am still quite hurt that they didn't like my tea."

"The poor dear is sick. No wonder they're cranky. Should I go check on them again?"

"No need Ayin. I think all they need is rest now."

"That was a nightmare being there."

"Never get (Y/N) sick again."

"They were really that bad? They seemed docile when I was with them."

"What is important right now is that (Y/N) is taking a nap. I'm sure for another days rest they'll be flying their wings once again."

Although the elders went with Ayin's idea after a minute. They opened your room to see you sleeping soundly with a slight smile to your face.

And in quiet unison, "Aww!"

~~~~~~

Happy New Years Eve everyone! Maybe 2022 will be a déjà vu or completely different. Who knows! But I do hope it actually does a lot better than before. Good luck to everyone on the new year! Cheers!  🥂

(1070 words)