𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9

"Hey. Um I wanted to ask you something..." Genya hesitated before saying the full sentence, not sure if the demon wanted to hear his questions.

M/n looked back at him with a smile. "Sure! What is it?" Genya gulped before saying his question. "A-are you ever going to let me go back home? My brother must be...worried about me.." The second part of the question was weird to him.

M/n sighed before answering him, the boy must still think his older brother still cared about him. "Well.." He paused before continuing. "What was the last thing he said to you before you went to the village?"

The younger slayer looked down, trying to remember. It seemed like forever ago that his brother even said anything to him, or rather it was just insults that told him to leave the demon slayer corp.

"Your not a real slayer! You can't even use breathing techniques! Just quit all right!"

".!" He suddenly remembered the conversation, but it wasn't the last thing Sanemi said to him.

"Remember. The very last thing before..you know..I kidnapped you..?"

"I have no brother."

"Hn..!" Genya remembers the last time they spoke, he wanted to apologize to his elder brother but the other didn't want anything to do with him.

The demon looked back at him, seeing the younger's eyes still averted downward. "Let me guess..it was something bad."

The younger only nodded at him and while looking down. "He..said some bad things to me..but I know he still cares about me and I do too."

M/n's eyes darkened, face becoming more serious and scary as he glared at Genya down. "So.." He said finally. "You wish to go back?" M/n asked, his tone low and staring and burning holes set into the smaller before him.

Genya sweat dropped and didn't dare speak, afraid of the demon. "Yes..." He muttered softly, but M/n heard him.

The upper moon three suddenly changed his height to tower over Genya, grabbing the young slayer's wrist dragging him to a different room in the endless fortress.

"Wait!" Genya tried to protest but it only fell on deaf ears, opening the sliding the door to a dark room and throwing the slayer inside. "Wait please!" Sliding the doors shut and shrinking down to his normal size, hearing the other banging on it from the other side.

"Wait! M/n-nii! I'm sorry! Please! Let me out!" Genya didn't know why, but then dark room he was left in made him feel afraid as soon as he went in. "Please! I'm sorry!"

M/n pressed his back against the two sliding doors. "I will let you out, just stay in there and behave for now alright." He said before walking away, hearing Muzan call him for a meeting.

"Please...come back..."

———————

Jumping to the meeting platform, seeing no one else was there. He was rather confused since it shouldn't be like this, but since it was just him then it meant that no one else had died which was good enough.

"M/n." A voice spoke out.

Without looking to where the voice came from, he already knew who it was regardless. Giving a annoyed expression, rolling his marked kanji eyes before responding to the one that called him.

"Muzan." He called out back, he didn't bother being polite since it didn't matter to him.

The older demon sighed before continuing. "You captured a slayer?" He asked. "Yes. I don't see why that's any of your business." To any normal demon Muzan would have killed for talking like that. But M/n on the other hand, he is special.

"No. It's not. I just hope you know he won't survive the fight." Muzan replied, this line causing distress in M/n however. He didn't like the sound of it one bit.

"What do you mean?" Putting venom into his words, through gritted teeth he managed to speak through. Muzan however, only laughed at his tone.

"I play to pay Ubuyashiki a visit, and from my guesses, he will call the hashiras to come and kill me which honestly foolish of him. Then Nakime will transfer everyone into the fortress, and I am hoping that you do. Not. Fail. Me." Muzan spoke, just thinking of the scenario already made him mad.

"Yeah yeah whatever. Can I go now?" M/n said annoyed. "Yes.." Muzan practically growled out from under his breath.

—————

Genya's energy was now spent, he lays on the floor of the forever dark room as he waited for the demon he called brother to come back.

Eventually there was noise from the other side.

He opened his eyes back up with whatever energy was left within him and decided to see if it was M/n. "M/n? Is..that you..?" He managed to mutter out.

"Yes. It's me." The voice from the other side responded.

"Please..let me out..I promise I won't leave you.." His voice was cracking as if he was crying when he said everything.

"I know you won't alright. I just...need a little more time. Forgive me Genya, but this is for your own good. Stay in there until I let you out alright? Trust me."

The younger listened to everything the demon just said. One part of him wanted to rebel and break out of this room and escape, while the other wanted to stay and knowing if he could never the demonic fortress that the demon lived in.

"Please, let me see you one last time?" He said out weakly. A sigh was heard until one of the doors slides open.

M/n went over to hug the slayer, and rubbing his back occasionally. "I need you safe Genya. Alright ?" Genya nodded, laying back down. The demon smiled before closing the door.

"I hope..he can be safe here..." Someone spoke from behind him.

"Yes Koku. I do to." Feeling Upper Moon One wrapping his arms around his own frame surprised him. His smile only got wider.

"Getting bold now are you Koku?"

"Shut up."