Chapter-2: The Events.

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

MAIRA

Saturday came by early, the speech went well too. Obviously there were some weird looks from people but I didn't let them effect me, I tried at the least.

"You did great Maira! The speech was wonderful." Mrs.Henley had commented after the workshop.

This complement lead to another favour, precisely, another speech on a technical talk.

I obviously didn't expect myself to get this familiarized with Mrs.Henley in this semester, but I guess unlike other people, she saw the capabilities of the students rather than judging them by their attire, which was a good thing.

So my first semester in university was filled with all new experiences. Now, here we are coming out after writing the last exam for this semester.

The coming week was going to be packed up with full of events - cultural fest, sports on two days, sports gathering on the third day and an end of semester gathering.

To say I was not excited would be an understatement. Costumes and dresses were being decided and practices for the performances were being done.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

Finally, the very first event that is the cultural event. All of us were supposed to be dressed according to any culture.

I picked out a white kaaftaan embedded with golden pearls on it. I also had a gold hijab with a niqab which would go perfectly with this outfit.

Zainab wore a simple blue saree, while Amina went with a flowy grey gown.

When we arrived at the place, it was all filled so we sat on the stone-benches a bit farther from the stage but we got a clear view of all the performances happening there.

There were also a few people standing across the chairs placed there. Many of our seniors dressed in different types of cultural outfits. And a very familiar figure whose back was facing me but the thick black silky hair was enough to bring back all the unwanted thoughts in my head.

I hadn't seen him this whole semester, not that I kept looking for him.

Perhaps he was in a different block.

When I glanced again at the same spot, he wasn't there anymore. Am I hallucinating? There were other people still there who were standing with him before some while so probably not hallucination.

Averting my gaze I focused back on the cultural dance that was going on there. After a few of the cultural performances, they gave us a break which was coincidentally the time for the zuhr prayer. Me and my friends go into a girls room and performed our zuhr salah. It's so good to actually have this room in our campus. Other girls come here to study during their exams, while others use it as a green room during events like these and other Muslim girls come here to offer salah occasionally.

We head to the canteen to have our lunch and just as we were going, I happened to turn back to see a bunch of people going in the same direction as ours.

And.....suprise! surprise!

There was that vintaged glass' guy talking and laughing with the others around him.