Chapter-12: My wife, Zawjati.

"When a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah looks at both of them with mercy."

[Bukhari 6:19 & Tirmidhi 14:79]

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

ADAM

Alhamdulillah!

It is what that I have been saying ever since we signed the nikah papers, ever since we uttered those words at our nikah and ever since I saw her.

She is beautiful.

I had obviously tried to picture her face before but what I actually saw was just extraordinary. Wallahi! I couldn't take my eyes off her and I sure as heck didn't want to leave her there back and come home.

Why do we even have to wait till the Walima to move in together?

Patience Adam! Patience!

"Brother Mama is calling you down, they will be here any minute" Aisha says through the door.

I release a long breathe and follow her down. Mama has invited Maira and everyone else for dinner today and they are yet to come. We left their home yesterday soon after dinner and I just got to say a goodbye to her that too in front of her friends.

She is my wife now for Allah's sake.

A little privacy for the newly wedded wouldn't hurt anyone right? Heck at-least a goodbye kiss. Okay-okay that might be a bit too much to ask.

"Your smile doesn't seem to stop forming since the nikah, hmm?" baba asks coming in the living room.

I scratch the back of my neck and bite my inner lip to stop myself from smiling any wider.

The bell rings just as baba sits on the couch across mine. I quickly stand up smoothing my jeans and the flannel shirt and hurry towards the door to unlock it.

Mama comes behind me and Aisha joins, snickering at my impatience. I open the door to find Baba and Mama- Yes I started calling them that at the dinner yesterday and it actually feels good to know that you now have two set of people whom you can call parents Alhamdulillah.

"Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu" he greets all of us and comes forward to hug me.

"Walaikumasslam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu" we all reply simultaneously and I look behind them for any traces of my very own wife. 

The word literally gives me a sense of delight and comfort.

"She is coming with Usman, he had some things to finish before he leaves so they'll be here in a while" Mama (her mama) says noticing my wandering eyes.

I clear my throat and nod, slightly embarrassed and disappointed at waiting for my wife again.

I cannot stop myself from saying that word every time I want to mention her.

My wife, Zawjati.

I awkwardly sit with baba and baba (her baba) while they talk about random things when the bell rings again, I stand up immediately and go towards the door. Baba laughs loudly as I accidentally trip on the small table placed in the middle of the living room.