Chapter-16: Missing.

"The world is enjoyment and the best joy in the world is a righteous wife."

[Sahih Muslim 1467]

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

ADAM

I throw my bag in the back seat of my car and hop in the car to drive back home. College sucks without Maira here. She is the one thing which gets me to get out of the bed in the morning. The thought of seeing her in the college gets me excited to come to college and with her not here, I literally don't feel like starting my day at all.

I am about to start the car when my friend comes knocking on the window "We are going to the bowling place" he says

"And?" I ask eventhough I know what he is implying.

"Come on man, stop sulking around." He says leaning on the car.

"I don't want to come" I speak my thoughts.

"Your wife is going to hate you for becoming such a boredom of a human" he tries to convince.

'You are undeniably plain'

Maira's exaggerated words echoes in my ears, making me smile. Ya Allah I miss her and I miss her so very much.

"Adam hello!!" he snaps his fingers in front of my face.

"Started dreaming of her already?" he asks with an eye roll.

"You are just going to end up missing her even more if you stay alone, come with us" he presses again.

"Alright, what time?" I ask, sighing.

Mama has also been complaining about my sulkiness since the time Maira has left. She'll be happy to not have my brooding self around for some time.

"Evening" he says grinning

"I'll come pick you up." He adds and goes out of my sight.

I exhale deeply and lean my head on the steering wheel. Two days more and then I'll be able to see her with my bare eyes in front of me inshaAllah.

I have called her only once today, in the morning and she had apparently just woken up. I stop myself from calling her again and thank Allah that I did a video call or else I wouldn't have lasted till now.

I desperately hope that I hadn't annoyed her with my calls yesterday and also her friends. I know how much they mean to her. I admit that I had gone a little too overboard with the calls yesterday but how can I help myself when I have got such a wonderful wife.

Alhamdulillah.

I am interrupted again when I start the car, this time because of my phone. I pull it from my pocket and a big smile forms on my face as I look at the caller id.

"Assalamualaikum" I say without wasting a second.

"Walaikumassalam, how are you?" she asks her voice laced with concern.

"I am good and definitely better now that you have called." I say with a smile of contentment.

"Cheesy" she comments.