Chapter-13: Say it.

"The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) loved to start from the right-hand side for performing ablution, for combing (the hair) and wearing the shoes."

[Sahih Muslim]

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

MAIRA

"Okay mama Assalamualaikum, I'm leaving" I call back to mama struggling to put my shoes from one hand and opening the door with the other. Mama replies back as I am locking the door behind me and hopping in the passenger seat of Usman's car.

"Ahh finally" he says as he turns on the car.

Yes I am late and like really late, I don't even know if I can make it to my first class today and the traffic is not helping. Apparently, I woke up late in spite of mama coming and waking me up five whole times but I couldn't help being that sleepy when I literary slept after fajr. I was awake the whole night and there is a certain vintage glass guy who is to be blamed for occupying my head with his thoughts and heart with these newly found emotions towards him. His words from the time at his house have still been ringing in my ears. And I couldn't seem to shake of the feeling of his actions from that day. A soft smile appears on my face as I caress the grey-blue stone on my finger which is yet to be accustomed to my hand.

"If you are done with gazing at that ring on your finger then you can get out of the car respectfully" Usman says tapping my shoulder with a flat look.

"We've arrived?" I turn to look at the empty entrance of the college.

I have missed my first class.

"Yes, now come on get going already" he hurries.

"Okay! Okay! I'm going" I yell out as I open the door.

I go to the cafeteria to wait till it's time for the second class. There are literally very few to no one around the hallways and its way too silent so when my phone rings in my bag, the voice travels in the whole cafeteria. I quickly pick it up to see Aisha calling me.

"Heyy Assalamualaikum" Aisha's cheerful voice come through the speaker and I furrow my brows. She is obviously not in her class.

"Walaikumassalam"

"Are you not in class?" I add.

"Are you not in class?" she asks back and I roll my eyes at her words "I just now reached the campus...Woke up late"

"What about you?" I asked.

"We also have just reached the college...and I was not the person who woke up late" I furrow my brows at her response. "We?"

"Yup, I had to wait the whole thirty minutes for your lazy husband to get ready. Apparently it was him who woke up late" I bite my lip from smiling any wider at her choice of words.

"Now to think about it, I wonder how it is such a co-incidence..." she drawls.

"Aisha, stop it already" a voice whom I've come to admire grumbles behind her.

"Okay tell me where you are?" she asks hurriedly.

"Cafeteria"

"Cool, we'll be there in a minute" she hangs up before I could say anything else.