Chapter-29: Peaceful.

"If I did not fear difficulty for my ummah, then I would have commanded them to use the siwaak before every prayer."

(Bukhari and Muslim)

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨ Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

ADAM

I walk into the door and see Maira's toes peeping out from behind it, a warm feeling settles in me despite the unpleasant news which I have to say.

She jumps in front of me after a moment, attempting to scare me.

"God, you frightened me zawjati. Never do that again" I say in the most possible scared voice.

She sighs and her shoulders slump "You do not have to act as though you're actually scared" she says and plops down on the couch.

"It was a really good attempt though" I say, smiling softly.

"Mama and baba have gone to visit aunt Khadija" she says, seeing me scan the house.

"They were adamant at not leaving me alone at first but then I convinced them that I would be fine" she continues scrolling through her phone.

"You could've called me early then" I say drapping my arm around her shoulders and pulling her close.

"Adam, I know that you are busy these days and I am fine, really" she huffs.

The door bell goes off and I look down at Maira in confusion "Are we expecting someone?"

She thinks for a moment and then nods in realisation "Oh yeah, the delivery person," she smiles sheepishly.

"You are having the same flavoured pizza from three days in a row now" I say walking back in the living room.

"I guess I'm in love with that flavour" she exclaims, grabbing the box from me.

"And you can have your chinese food, I know that you are not fond of this pizza" she says gesturing to the pizza in her hand.

"And I love you for this sweetheart" I say opening the boxes of food.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"Come on Adam, don't be a spoil sport" she says, trying to pull me off the couch.

"I don't even know how to dance" I reason out.

She rolls her eyes and tugs at my hand harder "You just have to sway, just move along with me"

I groan dramatically, dropping my head back on the sofa.

"Darling, wouldn't you do that for your pregnant wife?" She says in a soft voice.

I groan once more and then let her pull me up "You sure know how to convince a person"

"Now don't be a grumpy little thing and sway with me" she says interlocking her right hand with my left one and putting her head on my chest.