Chapter-4: The Talk.

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

MAIRA

"Now tell me, what's up with you?" he asked looking at my face or eyes as a matter of fact.

His eyes are grey with those blue flecks in it and his voice...Ya Allah, I would be profusely lying if I say that his voice is not attractive. Not just attractive but even husky and for some reason I want to hear more of it.

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same question?" I questioned him back with the left out strength in me.

He didn't answer but just kept looking at me.

I tried to remove his hold on my hand, he withdrew his hand and moved a step back raking his fingers in those hair, again. I exhaled audibly when he moved a bit farther.

All this chaos was sort of suffocating me but I wanted him to answer. And I am getting insane because of all these thoughts.

I also need to leave this place, immediately.

"Were you not stealing glances at me on the other day?"

Shit!

Ya Allah please send the angel of death already before I would've to answer him.

"I... I guess you're mistaken" I stuttered.

"You and I both know that I'm not." he said coming closer.

"You are. What made you think that I would do so?" I asked getting freaked out because of the proximity.

"You want to know what?" he asked,  rhetorically.

"Look at how hard it's beating." he said grabbing hold of my hand and placing it on my heart, never leaving my hand again.

I lowered my gaze from his eyes and settled them on my hand held by his.

"Oh, don't feel embarrassed, here..."he shifted my hand upon his heart, which was erratically beating. Perhaps, even harder than mine.

"This is the effect of your presence near me..." he said causing me to lower my eyes.

"Not just now suddenly but from quite a while." he added gaining my gaze yet again.

'What on earth does he mean by "from quite a while"?' I thought to myself.

"Yes Maira, its not just now that I've noticed you" he answered as though hearing my thoughts.

And did he just say my name? Damn...it felt more than good to hear it and damn it if I didn't want to hear it again.

He removed my hand from his heart but didn't leave it, he rubbed circles on the back of my palm with his thumb.

My heart pounded even more aggressively.

I wriggled my hand from his, which caused him to tighten his grip.

"Just listen to me." He said

I shook my head

"I'm not obliged to and you're not supposed to touch me, hell...We're not supposed to be in here in the first place." I said raising a bit of my voice.

"Okay, I won't touch you." He raised his hands up.