𝐈𝐈

V A L E N T I N A

Placing my neon green bookmark in the book I pull the covers off my body and walk toward my closet.

I pick out a white long sleeve crop top and slip it on and grab some pants from my drawers.

I open my sock drawer and slide my feet into them and sigh in delight at the soft material under my feet.

Walking downstairs I look into the living room to see my father and Lorenzo still talking.

Lorenzo's attention turns to me as he notices me walking down the stairs and when they do, his eyes drag down my body and back up until he's looking me straight in the eyes with a clenched jaw.

I walk into the living room and sit down on the seat furthest away from him and listen to the talk he and my dad are having about business.

"I'm gonna go call Vic and see if she wants to go shopping," I break my silence and stand up and watch as both of their heads turn to mine and stare at me.

"Okay, be safe and call me if you need anything." My father replies standing up and kissing me on the cheek.

I nod my head and make my way out of the living room without a second glance at Lorenzo.

I walk up the stairs until I find myself in my bedroom again and get my phone from the bedside table.

I unlock my phone and call Victoria.

"Hey, Val, what's up?"

"Shopping?" I say in more of a questionable tone.

"Of course, be here in 15." She replies shortly and quickly hung up without letting me say anything else.

I'm currently walking around the mall with my best friend, Victoria, with three bags full of clothes.

"Mmm, let's go to Victoria's Secret," She starts walking into the store without letting me reply again and begins looking at the matching sets.

I start walking around the store and stop in front of the matching sets too.

I decide to get a red lace matching set and the same with black and two bottles of perfume while Victoria got a light pink set and a black lace bra.

We quickly pay and go to get some food because she was complaining that nobody at her house feeds her.

When we get our food we sit down at a table and eat our food while exchanging little conversations with each other and I'm surprised she's even letting me talk.

"Uh, hi." A voice says next to us, we both turn our heads in the direction of the voice to see two boys who look around seventeen and eighteen.

Maybe fucking sixteen.

Who knows in this generation.

One is blonde with brown eyes and the other is a brunette with green eyes.

"Hi?.." I say awkwardly back, wanting this conversation to end already. I know that may have come out rude, and let me tell you. It was supposed to be.

They don't say anything making me raise an eyebrow at them. They both share glances at each other before coughing loudly.

"How old are you guys?" I ask them, sending them both suspicious glances.

"Im fifteen and he's sixteen." The blonde one speaks up.

"We're both eighteen so if you're here for our numbers then... it's illegal." I tell them, their eyes widen with shock as they both send each other nervous glances, again.

It's adorable, they look like the type that would have no friends in school.

Without saying anything else they walk away.

I got home about an hour ago from shopping with Victoria and ever since I've been in my room reading or sorting out my clothes.

I'm currently in the shower washing my hair.

I finish my shower and step out and wrap my white towel around my body and another one around my hair.

I start doing my night routine and put on my pajamas.

Quickly walking out of my room I go into the kitchen to get a glass of water, as I walk in I see... Lorenzo?

Why is he still here?

"Uh...." He's leaning against the counter looking at me with a blank expression and I clear my throat before walking around the counter and grabbing a glass.

I walk towards the fridge and use the water dispenser and place the cup of water to my lips and swallow the liquid, feeling it run down my throat.

We both stand there in awkward silence until I finish my cup and place it in the sink and walk back up the stairs and into my room again.

Plopping down on my bed I get under the covers and pick up the book I'm currently reading again.

I don't even realize how much time has passed until I close the now fully read book and stare at the wall in front of me.

If I enjoy reading so much, why do I feel so empty when I finish a book?

I look down at the cover of the book and stare at it and inspect it until I finally realize what the cover means.

Oh. My. God.

Sometimes I'm glad I haven't had to go through half of the things that the people in books have to go through but I still remember what I did have to go through.

I get up and walk over to my almost full bookshelf and slide the book into an empty spot and take a couple of steps back and stare at my bookshelf.

Pinterest worthy.

My friend, Bianca, said that my whole room was Pinterest-worthy due to the aesthetic colors.

I grab my phone from my bedside table and take a picture of my bookshelf and send it to Bianca.

She loves to post everything in my room and honestly I don't mind. It saves me time doing it.

Getting back into my bed I get under the covers and cuddle into my blankets and shut my eyes listening to the sounds of the rain hitting the roof and the wind hitting the window.