𝐗𝐈𝐈

V A L E N T I N A

The only people I've considered my family were my sister and my father.

My mother was never really there, yes she and my father were married but she would always leave and fuck some other guy.

I remember when she fucked her boss for more money, she continued to do that until he said no because he didn't want to do that to his wife.

Too late buddy you already did.

I was always there to look after Sofia when my dad was at work. I always loved Sofia with my everything.

Even though she's my sister I would treat her like my own, I've always wanted kids-maybe just two.

When I grew up I was an only child until Sofia was born, I was lonely and had nobody.

My dad always tried to be there for me but he had work and I always understood that. He tried everything.

But my mother didn't try enough.

I'm currently talking to Sofia on the phone as I was laying in Lorenzo's bed while he's sitting in his office with Antonio or someone I probably don't know.

I'm kind of getting used to the fact that he has other men coming in and out of his office some hours during the day. It must be really important business if the men come out looking either angry or terrified.

I finish my call with Sofia and start to text Victoria and Bianca, they've always wanted to travel the world but never got the opportunity to.

As I was about to send another text, the door suddenly opens, thinking it was going to be Lorenzo a smile erupts on my face, just to be looking at another face of a woman. My smile fades as I take her in.

She has platinum blonde hair with green eyes she's only wearing a green lingerie set. Who is she and why is she here?

"Who the fuck are you?" she asks, her high-pitched voice making me flinch back in surprise. It was so high I think my eardrums exploded.

"I could be asking you the same thing?" I slowly respond in more of a question, looking her figure up and down.

"I'm Lorenzo's girlfriend, you whore!" she screams, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut at the sound of her loud high-pitched voice.

My heart squeezed inside of my chest at her words.

Suddenly Lorenzo appeared behind her, causing her to look back at him and give him the most failed seductive look I've ever seen.

"Lorenzo, baby. This peasant was just waiting in your bed, for you." She scoffs but continues.

"As if she would have a chance with you." she rolls her eyes, looking back at me with a disgusted look.

A million things were running through my mind but the one I couldn't get out of my head was that he had a girlfriend this whole time.

He was cheating on her.

"Emily, leave." Lorenzo sternly says, still looking straight into my eyes. I couldn't handle the guilt I was feeling.

I look away from his eyes as tears start to form inside mine. I don't even know why I'm crying, it's not like I was in love with him.

He has someone else.

It's not me.

It will never be me.

I didn't realize that the tears started to fall down my cheeks. I felt a hand try to lift my head but I knew it was him so I smacked his hand away and got up from his bed and walked towards the door.

"Valentina." I stop walking but didn't bother to turn back around and face him. At this point, I was more mad than I was sad.

"No, don't 'Valentina' me. You didn't tell me you had a girlfriend. But then again, when someone cheats they don't normally tell the person they're cheating with that they have a partner, do they?"

He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again, I scoff at him and walk to the door and open it, I turn back around to face him.

"I fucking hate you," I force out, I watch as his face goes pale as he stares at me with wide eyes.

"Y-You don't mean that." He starts to shake his head from left to right and tries to walk closer to me but I shake my head and put my hand out to stop him from walking even closer.

"I meant every word," I say in almost a whisper, I close my eyes to try and get everything to just go away.

But it won't.

I don't hate him and it doesn't matter how much I try to tell myself I do.

I don't.

"Valentina, p-please."

I run out of his room and made my way towards mine, I grab my suitcase and start packing my clothes.

I pull out my phone and look at the contact.

I know I shouldn't call her but she's the only person that I know will book me a flight right now to go home.

"Yes, Valentina." Her voice sounds almost tired and annoyed.

"M-Mom." I tense as the words come out of my mouth. I squeeze my eyes shut in hope that the feeling in my chest will go away.

I haven't called her mom in years.

"Book me a flight home, now please." I plead, and after about a few minutes, she told me she booked a flight that was leaving in an hour and a half.

As I walk out of my room and down the stairs, I see Lorenzo leaning against the kitchen counter with his head in his hands.

As I pull my suitcase down the last step he lifts his gaze to mine but it drops when he notices the suitcase. He opens his mouth to say something but I walk out, leaving him alone with his own thoughts.

I close my eyes and let out a heavy breath and make my way out of the door without turning back. Because if I look back I'll hurt myself more than I already have. And I can't do that to myself.

Not anymore.