Chapter 1

There are many things that consumed her, the sea, books, her love for her father, but none more than the boy lying in her bed looking the most peaceful she had ever seen him.

It wasn't love she was sure of that. Well, she did love him just not in the way she wanted. She loved him as her best friend, her partner in crime, the person who made everything okay. She loved the boy that made her better in every sense.

She just didn't love him. But they both knew that.

As she walked over to the sleeping figure, she took in his face, absorbed it, took in his every feature.

The way his eyebrows burrowed as if in deep concentration, the way his hair was mussed in every different direction, taking a similar appearance to a mop.

She ran her hand through his hair trying to smooth it down but mostly enjoying the soft feel of it.

Everything could change today. Both of them weren't worried at all as if this wasn't a major change. Both acting like it would all stay the same. It wouldn't.

Only she was worried, it was only she who took into account what could happen, how this would affect her relationships, the new and ongoing ones. She worried for the boy who was her everything. The one who was going to move with her father and herself back to England.

She knew he didn't want to stay here, never wanted to. He was just looking for a chance to get the hell out of here and the fact that this chance was with her made it even better for him.

It wasn't that she didn't want him to come with her, she wanted to be with him with all her soul. She couldn't function properly without him or do basic things.

Without him she was paralysed, she was numb.

There was no point to anything without him. It was fear that was holding her back. Fear that this move would change their relationship. Which ultimately it would but who said it wouldn't be for the better.

She had all she needed here; her dad and Mattheo.

Maybe she was selfish, but she didn't want to expose them and herself to more people than necessary. Cordelia wanted them all to herself, she didn't want anyone to come in and replace her.

That was impossible, she knew they both loved her more than anyone else would. She was their everything and they were her everything.

Still, that little incessant part of her brain kept nagging at her with all her insecurities and doubts.

"I can hear your brain whirring from here Delia." His rough voice broke her put of her thoughts.

"Sorry did I wake you?"

"No, I woke up before you" he muttered before attached his mouth onto her neck and pulling her body closer into him.

Her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she let out a soft moan to which he chuckled. She could've been embarrassed, probably would have been with anyone else. But not with him, that wasn't possible.

She turned her head to look at him suspiciously. He innocently raised his head slightly to look at her and flashed her with his deep brown puppy dog eyes. "I like watching you." He answered her silent question.

"Your eyes weren't even open."

"I see you even then." He whispered looking deep into her eyes trying to hold in his oncoming laugh.

This time she rolled her eyes and gave him a well-deserved smack on top of his head. He rolled off from her and unleashed his laughter having failed to keep it in.