Chapter 2: Make a Beat

Art above was made by AFBA. 

"Woohoo!" Y/N said while jamming out to some of his favorites music.

He placed his left hand on the left side of his headphones, and move his head back and forth. It was Sunday and he was free from all responsibilities. And he was free to do whatever he wanted for the day.

He walked by a food shop and paused his music before taking off his headphones. He heard a sizzling sound from inside and walked in. "Irasshaimase!" said one of the employees.

Y/N waves his hand and sees a waiter. "Hello, is there anything we can get you?" asked the waiter.

"A bowl of ramen please," he told the waiter.

The waiter leaves and Y/N walks across the red carpet and to a table nearest to the kitchen. He takes out his phone and puts it near the door that leads into the kitchen. He puts the left side of his headphones on and listens to the sound he manages to record.

"Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss," is what he heard and recorded. He stops recording and puts his headphones on fully. With his phone in his hand, he goes through the recording and listens to the sound again.

He cuts off bits of it to make sure that it made a good beat and made sure the cut off sounded natural instead of just being random. There's nothing more that Y/N hates more than something sounding random and not natural.

A bowl of ramen is placed in front of him and this slightly caught the boy off guard. "Thank you," he told the waiter as they left.

He takes the chopsticks and begins to eat while putting his headphones around his neck. He was happy as he feels that the sound he recorded will make a good beat. As he ate and enjoyed the food, something caught his eyes.

He took a double take and sees Miku sitting at another table. Y/N finishes his food and leaves the food on the table. He got up from his table but froze. He had planned on walking to and talking with Miku, but his anxiety saw this and stopped him in his tracks.

Was he really about just go over and speak with Miku? That was the plan until his anxiety realized what he was going to do. He takes in a deep breath in and out. He relaxes and walks over to Miku who was enjoying some matcha.

He gets close and she turns over to look at him. "Y/N?" she questioned.

"H-hey," he said nervously.

"I didn't expect to see you here," she told him.

"Me either," he retorted. "But it's nice to see you."

"Same here," she agreed. "Please, sit."

He takes a seat across from her and asks "what are you doing with this Sunday?"

"Nothing much. I'm just enjoying my day and finding something fun to do," she told him. "What about you?"

"I'm taking this day to make some beats," he answered.

"Oh?" she responded.

He shows her his phone. "This is what I use. I'm just taking any sound that I heard and record it to later take home and make a beat with," he explained.

"I see," she responded. "That's pretty cool."

"Y-you really think so?" he inquired.

"I do," she answered with a smile.

He blushes slightly and tells her "t-thank you."

"You're welcome."

"Quack!!!" a bird shouted as it flew through the sky.