Chapter 3: Pump Up This Grade

Art above was made by ShinoCsp.

Y/n was sleeping soundlessly in bed until his eyes open. He blinks a few times before sitting up. He stretches his limbs and cracks his neck while he was at it. He quickly notices how dry his mouth is and grabs some nearby water.

He drinks the water and his dry mouth was no longer an issue. He drinks all of it and places the cup aside. After that, he reaches underneath his pillow and pulled out his phone. He checks the time but sees a text pop up.

"Good morning," the text sent by Miku Nakano read.

Y/N paused and was shocked to see it. He looked at the text for a few moments until unlocking his food and texting back "good morning."

He didn't expect it but after processing it, he relaxed and got out of bed while he waited for another text. He got his clothes on and grabbed his Bluetooth headphones. He puts it around his neck like always and checked his phone.

Miku had written back "how are you?"

"I'm fine. About to brush my teeth and head to school," he replied.

"Same, just going to eat breakfast," she wrote back.

"I normally skip breakfast," he told her. "I grab like a banana or apple or something."

"That can't be really healthy," she replied.

"Been doing it for years and I'm still alive," he texted back.

"Ok then," she replied.

"So, can I see you again at lunch today?" he asked her.

Immediately, he throws his phone on the bed and puts his hands on his face. "Damn it you, idiot. Why would you be so blunt?!" he asked himself before hearing the notification sound.

He takes a breath in and out. He checks his phone to see what Miku wrote back. "Yeah, I liked eating with you that one time," she answered.

"Thank you, God," he said while putting his hand on his heart.

He texts her back "awesome. I'll see you later."

"See you later," she replied.

Y/N places his phone in his pocket and walks out of the room. He enters the bathroom, brushes his teeth, and walks out to the kitchen to grab a banana or something. He looks on the counter and grabs a single banana.

He turns around to head out the front door and sees his mother looking at him. She had her arms crossed and didn't look happy. "H-hey mom," he said.

"I got an interesting call from your history teacher," she told him.

"R-really?" he asked.

"Yeah, you wanna know what he told me?" she questioned.

"I'm... doing well in class?" he suggested, hoping it was the truth despite knowing it wasn't.

"You have a 55% F!" she told him.

Y/N sighs. "Yeah, I know," he replied.

"Got anything to say?" she asked him.

"I'll try to bring up that grade," he told her.

"Good, and until then," she takes off his headphones from his neck. "These will stay with me."

"Really?" he asked her.

"Yes, really," she answered. "And I'm only letting you keep your phone while you're at school because you may need to call me. But the moment you get home, I'm taking it."