DekuBaku fluff/angst

Bakugo sat down at the table, waiting for Midoriya to get home. He turned to the kid they'd been watching. "Gonna talk? No? How about food?" The boy nodded. A few weeks ago, the child was found in an alley covered in blood. He'd seen something, but he was keeping quiet about it. Bakugo and his husband decided to take care of the kid while his parents were being found. Bakugo's phone went off. "You eat. It's Deku. Hello?" "Kacchan. We found his parents." Bakugo commented on how shaken Midoriya sounded. "Someone murdered them. I believe Riu saw who did it." "Riu" is what the two heroes called the boy, since it was the only thing he really responded to. "So what happens to him?" "He'll either be placed in foster care or sent to an orphanage." Bakugo only nodded, being too heartbroken to speak. "I'll be home soon."

Midoriya got home a bit later than he planned. He found his husband sleeping on the couch cuddled up with Riu. "We could always just keep him. I know you got attached." He picked them up and carried them to the bedroom. Riu stirred and woke up, fear overtaking him. "Hey. It's ok. I'm just moving you and Kacchan to the room." He got his husband on the bed and helped Riu get ready. "Riu, how would you like to stay here with me and Kacchan?" He paused. "We found your mommy and daddy. Someone very bad hurt them. Did you see who did it?" Riu nodded. "Can you tell me who?" Riu hesitated. "Aunty." He finally whispered. Midoriya nodded. "I'll take care of it. For now, just think if you want to live here. Me and Kacchan could be your new parents. You don't have to say 'yes'." The boy nodded and headed to bed. Midoriya crawled into his own bed with Bakugo. "You're late." "I know. Hey. What if we keep Riu?" Bakugo sat up. "You're serious?" "It's definitely be better than putting him in the system. And he's actually started talking." Bakugo smiled brightly before drifting back to sleep.

Bakugo got Riu dressed and headed to the station. "Remember they can't see you. Be honest." Riu only nodded, holding back tears. "Hey. It's ok. You're allowed to cry." They got to the station. "Good. You're here. Ok, Riu. We have some people here. All you have to do is point at the one who hurt your mommy and daddy." Midoriya explained to the boy. Several women were lined up. They knew who, they just wanted Riu's confirmation. The boy pointed at his aunt, and she was pulled away and arrested. Riu began crying. "It's ok. She won't hurt anyone else." Midoriya gave Bakugo some paperwork. "Did you think about what I asked you last night?" He nodded and hugged the hero. Midoriya Lee the answer. "Now. We just need your name." "I like 'Riu'." Midoriya smiled and nodded.

Bakugo carried his new son into the house. "Tomorrow we'll go shopping for your room. You can get anything you want." Midoriya hadn't seen Bakugo this happy in a long time. "It'll probably take a while for him to call us by 'dad'." "Maybe you. I'm already 'daddy'." "Oh. But I thought that was my title." The two laughed and shared a kiss. "Ew!" "Ew yourself you little brat. Go take a bath!"