Chapter 17

JUNGKOOK has been holding his hand for quite some time now, even in the streets towards where his place is located. But for Taehyung, he didn't say anything as he just keeps on following the unspeakable Jungkook wherever he pleases.

When they arrived in front of Jungkook's place, he releases Taehyung's hand and turns to look at him.

"I didn't say that we can postpone the activity." He says.

"But I told you that I am meeting someone."

"I didn't agree. Did you even see my reply?"

Taehyung paused for a second and grabs his phone from his pocket, and sees that Jungkook is making everything literally.

NO.

[Wow. That's a big no.] He thought.

"You made it literally. It's like a rhetorical question, Jungkook. You already know the answer for that."

"I don't want you to meet him."

Taehyung stopped and got quite shocked at his words, he had never been so frank or direct before.

"Um, when did you become so direct?"

"Just now," Jungkook says seriously, and he puts his hands over his waist like he's irritated or frustrated on something.

"N-now? What do you mean now? You don't have to be so direct about it. I mean, um..." Taehyung is stuttering and cannot think of anything to say except that, "Jungkook, you disrespected my hyung by me walking away from him. He didn't even have any idea about what's going on and-" He stops when his phone rings, indicating someone is calling.

[It's Seokjin.] He mentions it on his head and he has to answer it. But Jungkook suddenly grabs the phone from him.

"What are you doing? Give me back my phone!" Taehyung says as he's walking towards him.

"I can't. Because you will not be coming back to him." Jungkook says.

"Jungkook, give me back my phone."

"No. Because like I've said, you don't need to talk to him and see him."

"What are you doing? Why are you doing this? I get it that we are not on good terms now, and I get it because of that hell of a topic regarding the moving in, but you don't have the right to stop me or pry on other people's business."

"Oh. Right. Because I am a friend..." Jungkook says and continues while still holding Taehyung's phone.

"... I. Am. A. Friend." He says like he's irritated and Taehyung is just looking at him.

[What is this mood of him? I can't even read his actions, his thoughts.] Taehyung thinks.

"A friend that is concerned for his health, even his condition when he knew it, he even took care of him and cooks him a meal. He went to his apartment because he wanted to see how he's doing. A friend that is always looking for a way to spend time with him. A friend that is always looking for an opportunity to make excuses just for a photoshoot even though he didn't need it. A friend that is always inviting him over because he felt that when he's with him, everything is silent, everything is calm and safe, it's like a new life for him..." He says without stopping and Taehyung didn't know where it is going, but deep down, he's scared for what's coming next.

"... a friend that is, whenever he's not with him, he misses him, he misses his presence, his hair, his face, his cute remarks, everything about him. A friend that likes him a lot. No. A lot more than he thinks, like more than friends. And a friend that gets jealous because of his first love. Yeah, that's the friend you have." When Jungkook finished talking, he turned around of being shy on what he all just said in front of Taehyung.

Taehyung gulps and he cannot speak.

[Is this what Jimin has been saying to me earlier? Shit. I didn't know that it could be this true. I didn't expect anything. So, what am I supposed to respond to him?] He thought.

"Jungkook," Taehyung called.

"I know, I know. Crazy, right? Didn't expect it either, like I am freaking straight, okay? But that was before. And now, I've never liked anyone so much, even to a girl." Jungkook turns around and facing Taehyung, "... and I don't want any other guys. I don't like guys, Kim Taehyung. I only like you. Only you. Just you, no one else."

[No one has even said that to me before, even hyung. No one has ever, confessed to me as Jungkook did. No one has ever accepted me after knowing my condition. And no one made me feel this way.] Taehyung thought.

"So..." Jungkook turns his body around 360 degrees, trying to awkwardly pace in front of his apartment, without him even realizing that, his eyes are red, and was about to cry, but stopping himself.

"Why am I even like this? Like... I keep on biting my lip, trying to stop what was about to come out from my eyes." He's saying it out loud and avoiding Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung walks over to Jungkook and stops him from pacing by holding his broad shoulders.

"Jungkook."

"Hm?" Jungkook bites his lower lip and still looking down, avoiding his gaze.

[Looking him like this is just like looking at a kid. How cute.] Taehyung thought.

"Can I kiss you?"

Jungkook quickly turns his head to him.

"Because I feel like, um, wanting to, erm, you know, I think it's the right moment when you have to kiss someone, right?" Taehyung smiles.

Without hesitating, Jungkook grabs Taehyung's face and pulls him into a deep and sweet kiss on the lips.

[Fuck. How good it is to be kissed?] Taehyung thought because it is his second time kissing someone and it felt surreal.

[Why do my lips fit perfectly in his?] Jungkook thought and embracing his body to his, and trying to kiss every inch of Taehyung's lips, [Even his lips are beautiful.]

When they let go of their kiss, Jungkook caresses his face before asking, "It's beautiful."

Taehyung turns around and says, "It's my second time, so bear with me if I'm not that expert on kissing."

He heard Jungkook laughed, "Can we go inside?" Taehyung looks at him and smiles.

"Okay."

•••