I Was Surprised to Recieve Your Owl

Hey everyone. I am sorry it was been so long. I have been really overwhelmed with law school but I am back. Thank you all for allowing me a hiatus and I cannot wait to continue sharing this story with you. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

As always, favorites and comments are always appreciated!!

Chapter 9

"I was a little surprised to receive your owl," the male voice said.

Hermione smiled. "I can hardly imagine you were too surprised we did have a nice time the other evening.

A bright smile spread across his face. "Yeah we really did Granger didn't we."

"Yeah Dean, I figured we could spend more time catching up if you want"

He moved out of the doorway and gestured for her to enter. Hermione sighed quietly to herself. She knew she shouldn't have come here. She shouldn't have owled Dean in the first place. Her not so happy parting with Draco this morning left her with a taste for revenge. Obviously her spending time with Dean struck a nerve so why not enjoy herself and give Draco a taste of his own medicine? Dean walked beside her and placed his arm around her waist. They walked this way until they reached the sitting room to a table full of pastries and scones alongside a kettle of tea and another kettle she could only imagine was coffee.

"You didn't really have to do all of this." she said softly, in awe of the spread that lay before her.

Dean chuckled. "I assure you I did not. My mum is visiting and when I told her I was having a friend over I couldn't stop her."

As if on cue, a beautiful, dark complected woman popped head around the corner. She wore an apron that was covered in flour and other ingredients. Hermione smiled remembering her own mother.

"You must be Hermione" she said sweetly "Dean has told me so much about you"

*****

Hermione hugged Dean goodbye. He pulled away from her slowly and placed his hand under her chin. He pressed a soft kiss to her lips. The kiss was sweet, gentle; nothing like the kisses she and Draco shared. It didn't feel the same, it felt safe. He moved his hand to her waist and pulled her into him. He pulled away from her mouth and pecked her lips once more before fully pulling away.

He smiled softly, "I wish I had the courage to do that a long time ago."

She smiled but didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say. She truly hadn't expected Dean to kiss her. But it had been different and she had liked it. That made her feel sick but she couldn't quite determine why. She had no true connection to Draco. They were just shagging and he had made that very clear this morning. He was still with Astoria so why couldn't she have someone of her own? Maybe she would owl Draco and cancel all their future meetings. She was torn from her thoughts by the sound of Dean's voice.

"When can I see you again?" he asked softly

"I've got a little bit of a busy week but I will owl you."

He used his thumb to rub a spot on her waist where his hand rested. "I'll be waiting" he smiled once more before stepping away from him. She turned and quickly apparated away.

The afternoon with Dean and his mother had been wonderful. Dean's mother had been a spectacular host and the afternoon had been spent telling stories from Dean's childhood through their time at Hogwarts. For the first time in weeks she had felt genuinely happy. She was able to escape her life for a while. She arrived back at her flat and walked into her room. She almost screamed when she heard a sound from her room. She looked to Ginny's room and the door was closed, signaling she was not home. She grabbed her wand from the side of her skirt and approached her door. She opened it slowly to reveal none other than the man she wanted to see least in the entire world.