Chapter 5

Xiali's POV....

"What are you doing?" ask Winwin as he stares at me with a puzzled look.

"I was just about to get some water when I happened to saw your door was open," I say as I try my best to hide how awkward I actually feel. "Sorry if I disturb you. Have a good night," I say before walking away and going downstairs.

I walk inside the kitchen to get a glass of water. I turn around to exit the kitchen when I see Winwin standing in front of me. I move away and let him enter the kitchen before I walk out of the kitchen.

I turn around one last time and see him getting some bottles of beer from the fridge. Looks like he's gonna drink again tonight, well hopefully he won't get too drunk. I turn away and start heading upstairs.

The next day....

I woke up earlier than usual today, literally because I want to put some air in my bike's tires, since I didn't want Ten to pick me up today. Though I love his attention towards me, sometimes it just makes me feel uncomfortable that he's being too kind, and not to mention that I hate when people treat me as a kid when I'm literally an adult. Today I want to ride my bike, and not to mention I also want to ride my bike to Retro Red Bar. I tried to call Ten earlier but his phone is off, so I just texted him saying that I'll be taking my bike to college today.

After having a quick breakfast, I pump my bike tires. After pumping the tires, I walk back inside the house to grab my backpack. I see that Winwin is still having breakfast along with my mom.

"I'll be going now," I say as I smile at the two who are still in the middle of finishing their breakfast.

"Stay safe, Xiali," says my mom. Meanwhile, Winwin just continue with his meal in silence.

I nod and say "bye bye" at the two before walking out of the door to ride my bike to college.

At Ming University...

I arrive at college to see Ten is already standing near my locker with his arms crossed. Looks like he had been waiting for me. I walk to my locker to approach him.

"Good morning, Ten!" I say with a small smile.

"Morning, Sister!" he says with a mesmerizing smile. Man, I could stare at his smile forever every time I get the chance.

"Did you get here safely?" he ask.

"Yes. I took my bike today. I told you to not worry about me so much," I say as I open my locker to get a pen I had left there yesterday.

"Somehow, I can't seem to stop worrying about you," he says as he watch me going through my locker.

"Well, just find another person to worry about," I say before closing my locker and turn my head to face him.

"You know that I promised Yangyang, right? I can't possibly break a promise," says Ten as he looks at me in the eyes.

"I understand, Ten," I say.

The two of us starts walking through the crowded hallway. I could see some girls whispering when we walk past them. Chances are they are talking about me and Ten.

"I think we've become a hot topic around here," says Ten as he notice a lot of girls are now staring at us from a distance.

"Yeah right," I say. "I don't care about what they have to say about us. I don't have time to deal with gossips."

Ten turns his head and gives me a bright smile. "Zhang Xia Li, I love the way you think."

I could feel my heart racing after hearing his words. I try to stay calm as the two of us continue to walk through the crowded hallway. This guy always know how to get my heart racing like crazy.