Chapter 13

A few hours later...

9:15 PM...

Xiali's POV...

I sit in the car with Lucas as he drives me back home after we had dinner together. Turns out he's actually a pretty funny guy. We spend our time joking at nonsense to each other during dinner. It was fun, and I'm glad to meet a new friend like him. The car finally stops as it reach my house.

"Thank you for tonight, Lucas," I say with a smile.

"You're welcome. See you tomorrow!" says Lucas as he forms a warm smile at me.

I nod at his words before I open the door of the car and exit. I walk and enter the house to see that my mom and step-dad are watching TV together in the living room.

After I greeted them, I walk upstairs to clean myself up. I walk pass Winwin's room and see that the door is open. I happened to saw him on his laptop with a bottle of beer on the table. I didn't want to bother him and just pretend like I didn't see anything as I enter my room.

10 PM...

I finish cleaning myself up and is now ready for bed. As I'm about to climb up my bed when I hear my phone ringing. I check to see that it's Ten.

"Hello, dear brother!" I say with a sassy tone.

"Brother? Since when did I became your brother?" Ten ask with a seductive tone.

"Since the day you called me your sister," I say in a sassy tone.

"I don't remember that brother and sister could get intimate," says Ten with a flirty tone.

I start to blush after hearing his sentence. It's a good thing he couldn't see how red my face looks like right now. He would probably just tease me more with his flirtatious words.

"Are you blushing like a tomato right now?" Ten ask with a small giggle.

"No, I'm not," I say with an annoyed tone.

"So can I kiss you again when we meet?" Ten ask with a playful tone.

I start blushing deeper at his sentence, but again I have to hide my feelings. I can't be speechless. "At least not when we're in public." I say with a sassy tone.

"Why? Are you afraid that Lucas will get jealous?" Ten ask before he lets out a laugh.

"No. Besides, why would he even be jealous? We're not even dating," I say.

"Well, it looks like he has a thing for you," says Ten. "By the way, how was the date?"

"For your information, it wasn't a date. But he is a fun person. We laughted a lot during dinner," I say with a smile as I remember the cheesy conversations I shared with Lucas.

"Do you like him, Sister?" Ten ask in a playful tone.

"Only as a friend, Brother," I say with a sassy tone. "By the way, I'm gonna go to bed now. If you forgot, we have to go to college tomorrow morning!"

"Ah, ok. Goodnight, my dear sister. Sweet dreams!" says Ten with a flirty tone. This guy really can't stop being flirty for a minute can he?

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, goodnight, Brother! Have a nice dream."

"I will because I'll be dreaming about you," says Ten with a small chuckle.

I roll my eyes. "Sleep, Ten!"

"Fine. Goodnight," says Ten before ending the call.

Meanwhile, at Lucas and Hendery's apartment....