Chapter 29

At Jiang University....

Winwin is walking through the hallway, when he hears a familiar female voice calling him.

"Winwin!"

Winwin turns around and see Yiren running towards him.

"Yiren, what is it?" Winwin ask.

"My parents are having a dinner party tomorrow. They told me that I could invite my boyfriend, but since I don't have one, I want to invite you as my boyfriend," Yiren says. "What do you say?"

"Yiren, I'm sorry, but I still have work to do tomorrow," Winwin says, feeling a bit guilty that he declined her offer.

"You've always been so busy, Winwin!" Yiren says in a sulk tone. "You never want to hangout anymore. It's like you're avoiding me."

Winwin takes a deep breath. He did avoided Yiren on purpose, because he didn't want to make her feel as if they were something in the first place when he's not ready. After her sudden confession at Tzuyu's party about how she feels for him, Winwin starts to feel guilty for making her think that they were in a relationship when he knew his heart clearly isn't ready, and that he doesn't feel the same way as her.

"Yiren,"

"I know you have someone else!" Yiren says out of anger. "That bartender, Zhang Xia Li. It's her, isn't it?"

Winwin feels surprised by Yiren's sudden bold statement. "No. She's my sister. I could never see her that way."

"That's what you always said, but she's your step-sister and you're trying to make it seem like you don't have anything with her," Yiren blurts out.

Winwin lets out a sigh. "Yiren, I care for you. I never intentionally meant to hurt your feelings, but I guess I did. I hurt you either way. I haven't heal from my past, by that I don't want to continue to hurt you."

Yiren starts to tear up as she stares at Winwin in disbelief. She couldn't believe that the sweet boy she liked said that.

"Goodbye, Yiren," Winwin says. He turns around and walks away from Yiren, who is left speechless and heart broken.

5 PM...

At Ming University...

"So your brother is picking you up?" Ten ask as he and Xiali are heading to Xiali's locker.

"Yeah," says Xiali as she opens her locker, only to find a golden colored envelop falling to the ground. She kneels down and picks up the envelop.

"What is it?" Ten ask.

"An envelop," Xiali says as she studies the envelop with confusion.

Xiali opened the envelop. To her surprise she finds 5000 Chinese yuan in it, along with a letter.

"What...? 5000 yuan? And a letter?" Xiali says with a surprised tone. She pulls out the letter from the envelop and starts to read it.

"Dear Xiali.... Since we didn't have the chance to say our last words to you, we decided to write you this letter. We understand that you are in pain right now, after everything that happened.
Again, we deeply apologize for everything we did in the past. We understand that it's impossible for you to forgive us, but we just want to let you know that meeting you has been an amazing experience. You are a wonderful person, and we wish you all the best in the future. Farewell, Zhang Xia Li. - Lucas and Hendery."

Xiali stood in silence after she reading the letter from Lucas and Hendery. She is left speechless, with her heart feeling numb.

Ten notice how numb Xiali looks after reading the letter. Her face looks cold as ice, not even forming a small smile on her beautiful lips.