Chapter 10

2 days later...

At Ming University....

Xiali's POV..

I'm sitting in class as I listen to the lecture with two empty seats beside me, which I had saved for both Ten and Ningning. Ten is outside having a phone call with Kun, and as for Ningning I haven't seen her in the past few days. Even her phone isn't active. It's weird because it feels like she just disappeares out of the sight. I hope she's ok.

Just as I was listening to the lecture, a guy who I am not familiar with suddenly approaches me. I turn my head to see the guy. He is quite tall with big eyes, and is wearing a blue t-shirt along with some black jeans and white sneakers. I guess that he could be one of the new students that the girls were talking about earlier.

"Hello! Is anybody sitting here?" the guy ask.

"No," I say casually.

Hearing that, the guy takes a seat beside me, in which I didn't really mind. The guy turns his head and smiles at me, but I choose to not focus on him and just focus with today's lesson.

"So, I didn't quite catch your name before," says the guy as he turns his head to look at me. "I'm Lucas."

I turn my head to see him smiling at my direction. "I'm Xiali. Nice to meet you," I say casually, though I was just trying to sound polite to a new student.

"Xiali, it's a pleasure to meet you," Lucas says as he shakes my hand with a smile. I smile back at him. I guess he seems pretty nice.

Just then, Ten walks back to class and approaches me. He looks at Lucas for a moment with a questioned look, before turning his gaze back to me.

"Ten, here!" I say as I signal Ten to sit beside me on my left, since Lucas is sitting on my right side.

Ten walks to sit at my left. Through out class, Lucas would randomly ask me some questions, though I think he's only trying to be friendly. I notice Ten had been glancing at Lucas every now and then with an irritated look. It seems like he doesn't like him.

"So you live around here?" ask Lucas.

"Not far. And you?" I ask.

"Not too far," Lucas says.

A few hours later..

At the cafeteria...

Xiali and Ten are having lunch together at the cafeteria. Ten invites Xiali for a movie night tonight since he didn't want to be bored alone in the house, though deep inside it wasn't just that he didn't want to be lonely, yet he just wants to spend some time with Xiali.

"So are you in?" Ten ask.

"Sure," says Xiali. "I can't wait to see you scream at the screen."

"It's not gonna be a horror movie though," says Ten with a smirk on his face.

"Really? So what kind of movie is it?" Xiali ask with curiousity.

"Romance," Ten says before he lets out a flirty smile.

Xiali rolls her eyes after hearing his statement. "Man, I didn't know you were romantic."

"You still have a lot of things to know about me that you haven't figure out," Ten says, before he continues with his lunch.

"Are you trying to be mysterious?" Xiali ask.

"Maybe," says Ten with a small laugh.

Xiali lets out an awkward smile before she continues with her lunch.