Chapter 28

8:55 PM....

Xiali's POV...

After helping the boys clean up, I sit back on the couch and grab my phone. I see that I got a message from Winwin, and so I open it.

"Where are you? Are you ok?" - Winwin.

"I'm fine. I'm still at my friend's house. I'll be going back home tonight." - Xiali.

"Ok. Stay safe!" - Winwin.

I put my phone back on the table and sighs. Winwin had been worried about me since I haven't return home or go to college for three days. Since I'm feeling a lot better now, I think it's time that I go back home. I don't want to worry him any longer.

I was thinking about asking Yangyang to drive me back home, when suddenly Ten walks over and stoods in front of me. I look up at him and saw that he was staring at me. His eyes looked like he had a lot to say.

"Hey! I was wondering if we could talk for a moment?" Ten ask. His soft voice tinkles through my ears.

"Ok," I answer casually. "Where?"

"The garden." Ten leads me to the garden to have a private talk, away from the boys.

We enter the garden and close the door of the house. The two of us standing as we look at each other face to face. It's been a while since we last have some alone time together.

"So, what is it?" I ask him.

Ten looks down on the ground with a guilty look. His face looks like he's trying to put together the right words to explain. "I just want to apologize to you. I should have told you about what I'm going through in the first place," Ten says. "I shouldn't have lied to you about it."

I let out a sigh as I stare at Ten with disappointment and shock. I didn't expect him to apologize to me this way, and that it was done unexpectedly. Honestly, I'm still disappointed by him, but looking at him tonight face to face reminds me on how much I still miss him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, curiousity is still running in my mind.

"I was afraid to lose you. I was a selfish coward," Ten says with guilt in his tone. "To be honest, I didn't expect to fall in love with you. But I guess, I let my feelings get the best of me. At first, I thought you were with Yangyang, but after what happened with you guys, I thought I had a chance to be with you."

I went silence. I'm speechless at every word he just said.

"I selfishly thought that I could be with you, knowing that my feelings for you were true. I ignored the fact that I didn't clear things with Minnie when I left Bangkok, and that I agreed to our parents plan of our arranged marriage years ago," Ten says. "I agreed to it because at the time, I was still so lost about my late girlfriend. My parents didn't want me to waste my time thinking about her, and by that they set up Minnie and I to date and get married one day, knowing that our parents are good friends."

Hearing this from Ten made me understand the situation a little, though I couldn't lie that I am still disappointed. I still doubt if he ever felt the same way for me.

"I understand, Ten," I say. "You don't have to explain anything anymore. I got it."

"Xiali....I'm so sorry. For lying to you, for breaking your heart. I was a coward who messed up, and now I can't even make things right," Ten says, sadness fills his eyes as I could see him almost letting out a single tear. He takes a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Ten, you don't have to feel sorry for me," I say. "Even if I do love you, I don't deserve to be with you," I try my best to hold back the tears. "Minnie waited long enough. She deserves to be with you and receive your love, not me."