Chapter 10. Safe and Sound

~No one's P.O.V~

The purple eyed DragonBorn growled at the people below her, baring her teeth at them. Tears of frustration swelled up in her eyes. For once, she had no idea on what to do... And that scared her beyond anything else.

She heard a click, which must have been Grimmel pulling a lever, before she began to get lowered further away from the Light Fury. She thrashed in the chains, trying to get herself out.

Within the Dragon Hunters' reach, Y/n felt a hand being placed on her back and quickly turned around, snapping at the hand while hissing at them man.

She growled as she got pulled up slightly again by Grimmel.

The man pouted, "Aww," He pretended to whine, "You didn't think I'd actually hand you the DragonBorn, did you? Everything starts and ends with her. She's mine to kill." He sneered down at the War Lords.

"That snake!" Griselda snarled, pointing an accusing finger at the man, who pointed his harpoon at Y/n, "I intend to finish what I started. Best of luck controlling them without an Alpha." He wished them with a smirk.

"Hold on, Y/n!" The voice wasn't loud, but just enough for Y/n to hear. She, along with Grimmel, turned her attention to the Dragon Riders, who were approaching at a fast pace in their flight suits.

While Hiccup and Astrid glided effortlessly through the sky, Tuffnut lost his balance and with a cry, he clung into Ruffnut's foot. She grunted, "Let go!" And shoved him off of her with her other foot.

"Could've used some practise!" Snotlout shouted, batting his arms crazily to try and keep altitude.

"I should've skipped breakfast!" Fishlegs yelped, struggling to keep himself steady.

Grimmel pulled his harpoon around with a grunt, barely getting the Dragon Riders within his range before Hiccup knocked him down as he flew by. Acting quickly, Grimmel grabbed onto the wooden platform the harpoon was on, watching as the other Dragon Riders flew past him.

Hiccup spun around in the air, pulling his arms back to release them from the flight suits. He expanded it to slow him down a bit, giving him time to graps ahold of one of the ropes of the closest ship. He wiped his helmet up, turning around to look at Y/n, who stared right back at him, "Y/n!"

The shout was all she needed, she turned her head to Cloudjumper and roared. Just as the Dragon Hunters were about to close his cage, the large dragon bursted through it, freeing himself without much trouble before blasting his scorching fire at the Dragon Hunters.

Following his lead, Grump and Skullcrusher took that moment to free themselves as well, leaving the ships to get their riders to help. Slowly, the dragon fought back, freeing themselves to return to their riders and fight by their Alphas' side.

The Dragon Riders landed on one of the many boats, ready for battle, "Perfect timing!" Hiccup noted that they for once had the right timing. Not that it really mattered to him then and there.

Astrid pulled a spear from one of the boxes supposedly for the Dragon Hunters. Hiccup lightened up his Inferno, readying himself for the battle ahead of him, "Game faces!"

"Yeah, what are you waiting for?!" The shout made the Riders look up at Snotlout, who hang from the mouth of a wooden dragon thanks to his cape, "Get in there!" He ordered. Hiccup sighed before engaging in battle.

He looked up at Y/n briefly before continuing. At the meantime, Y/n had managed to rip her muzzle off, roaring up at Grimmel, who was still in the process of pulling himself back up into his harpoon. He hurried himself up, pulling to aim it down at the girl.