Chapter 4. The Light Fury.

~No one's P.O.V~

The fog was thick in the damp forest. Two black beasts slowly made their way through it.

Shadow trailed silently behind her brother, their steps light as not to make too much sound. The blue eyed Night Fury looked curiously at Toothless as he stopped, sniffing the air. His head turned right, having picked up on the scent once more.

She had smelt it as well, but was far from interested in it as her brother was. To him, the smell was dangerously alluring. And it only pulled more in him when he got closer.

Her ears perked up once they caught the sound of a roar in the distance. It didn't sound angry, nor territorial. But rather scared. She cooed, gaining Toothless attention. They carefully manoeuvred around the trees and above the bushes. Continuously sniffing to keep track of the scent that lured Toothless in.

The two siblings lowered their heads to walk through the tall grass without getting it in their big eyes. Finally pushing through the grass, the sight before them reflected in their eyes.

A white dragon was lying in an open part of the forest, the parted trees allowing the moonlight to shine down on it, only to make its white scales shine beautifully.

Shadow slowly turned her eyes from the dragon, and over to Toothless, who had seemed to be entranced by the sight. She gave him a light nudge with her snout. He broke out of his trance, briefly looking at his sister before looking back at the dragon across from him.

The black male growled softly while slowly approaching the white dragon. It purred softly in response, slowly moving up to a sitting position. Toothless tilted his head to the side, eager to see the face of the dragon before him. The dragon's white scales glimmered in the moonlight as it awfully slowly removed its wing that it had hidden under, revealing beautiful blue eyes of the dragon, along with soft features.

Toothless mouth opened in shock, almost stumbling over his own paws. He shook his head, snapping out of it. He continued to approach the female, who sat perfectly still. Her electrifying blue eyes slowly shifting from Toothless to the black figure standing far behind him. Shadow. Who had known to keep her distance.

The female's eyes went down before her, skimming metallic details beneath the grass and leaves hiding the ground from them. The dragon hurried up, eyes wide as she spread her wings, squawking at the male to get back.

Out of pure reflex, the male leaped back. His green, confused eyes meeting her blue ones. She narrowed her eyes, looking at the ground before her, she growled at it, taking two small steps back before hissing at it, shaking her head.

Toothless looked back at his sister. She shoved her head forward, telling him to go on with encouraging eyes. Toothless turned back around, sniffing the ground before him. He took a step to the side, looking at the dragon before him to see how she would react. She simply watched the Night Fury approaching her in a big circle.

Once he got close, the female stumble a little shuddering nervously when she felt a pull in her, wanting to be close to the male before her. Still, Toothless got to the point where he stood a mere feet away from her. His green eyes reflected in her blue ones. His ears lifted up in excitement, his mouth fell open, and so did hers.

Their expression mirrored each other's. They were filled with happiness, wonder, and love. The white scales dragon broke the eye contact, her eyes briefly shifting brown before going back up to him, she grunted, as if asking a question, in which Toothless responded to within a heartbeat.

The two dragons stared at each other, wishing for the moment never to end.

*Snap*

In an instant, the female's friendly eyes had turned into slits. She growled at the sound of a stick snapping in the distance. Jumping up, she fired a purple blast at the direction of the sound, hitting a large tree trunk, which broke in half.