Chapter 20: Mission Time

Teams 7 and 8 had made it to the Daidai Village at nightfall and were now looking for a place to rest for the night. After wandering around for a few minutes, they stumbled upon an inn that looked well kept. They all walked in and requested for any available rooms.

"I'm sorry but we only have 3 single bed rooms remaining." The female innkeeper apologized. The five shinobi nodded and paid for the three rooms. Shino and Kiba decided to share a bed, being already used to sleeping close to each other with all their mission experiences. Sakura had a smirk slowly grin on his face before she quickly hid it by turning around.

"Naruto, Hinata." Said two shinobi turned around to face Sakura. "You two share a room, I'll take the last one. Plus I'm a loud sleeper, according to Lady Tsunade." She shrugged and took her own key. She unlocked her room and quickly entered and locked the door behind her.

Shino and Kiba shrugged before following Sakura's example. The two bid Naruto and Hinata goodnight and entered in their own room.

"Oi Shino, do you wanna put a pillow between us so you don't snuggle with me again?" Kiba asked teasingly.

Shino pushed up his glasses to his face and turned to face Kiba. "Kiba, the one that was snuggling with the other was you. I had to create a bug clone and substitute with that one just to get free." Shino and Kiba turned to face Naruto when they heard him snickering. Kiba's face turned bright red and started to glare at Shino. Before he could say anything Shino had one more thing to say before he entered the room. "Please do not cuddle with me again. If you have to place a pillow or Akamaru between us to prevent yourself from cuddling with me then please do. I don't want a repeat of last time."

Kiba's shout of embarrassment and anger was muffled by the door closing behind him after he entered the room with Shino. Naruto couldn't hold back his laughter and started to laugh out loud with Hinata joining in with giggles. After getting their laughter out of their system, Naruto gently slid his hand into Hinata's and intertwined their fingers.

"Come on. Let's go get some sleep so we can finish the mission fast. I don't want to keep Yoko waiting." Naruto led Hinata towards their room. After unlocking it, they entered to see that the room the two rented was quite luxurious. Naruto pulled Hinata towards the bed and threw himself on the bed and dragged Hinata with him.

After letting out a yelp of surprise, Hinata soon felt the texture of the mattress. It was firm but yet also hugged your body after laying down for a bit. The covers complimented the mattress by being silky smooth but also warm. The pillows were cool to the touch, which sealed the deal in making this one of the most comfortable and luxurious beds she ever laid.

"Ahhhh. This bed feels great!" Naruto said in a relaxed tone. He was quickly falling asleep but he needed to shower and brush his teeth before he could sleep. He lazily sat up and headed to the bathroom. Before he entered, he got an idea. "Hey Hinata." When her head turned to face him, he continued.

"Want to shower together?"

Hinata's face instantly turned red and she tried to stammer out a response but Naruto came and gently grabbed her hand. Seeing the gentle smile on her face convinced her that she had nothing to fear so she went along with the plan.

In the next morning Hinata's face was one of bliss, and Naruto's was one of a mix of cockiness and excitement. Sakura and Shino didn't need any more proof of what happened last night. Shino felt happy for his friends for having one another. Sakura however was annoyed that Naruto had the gall to do that on a mission. If it wasn't then she'd just congratulate the two lovebirds. In her eyes, they were made for each other. However this was a mission and they needed to be professional.