Chapter 28: Cold

"Bastard!" Naruto yelled as he leaped toward the person responsible for all this destruction. He was so blinded by rage that he didn't notice that a solid black rod was in his path. Naruto hissed in pain after the rod pierced his body but he held his hand out, palm opened, chakra swirling around in his hand. It took on a white hue before it started to screech out from all the power held inside it, but that's when Naruto felt his chakra acting weird. He felt Pain's eyes staring deep into his soul before his chakra became too chaotic, making the jutsu disperse.

Naruto looked back up and let a sneer across his face. He stood back up, struggling for a second due to the remaining invasive chakra finally getting purged out of his body. When he was about to jump back towards the intruder, Naruto heard a voice calling out to him.

"Daddy!"

The blonde nin quickly turned around and jumped to where his daughter was. He wasted no time and quickly picked her up before he jumped to where Sakura had been standing. "Sakura-chan, watch over Yoko for me will you?"

"Of course Naruto. Go get that bastard."

The Uzumaki gave her a grin and nodded his head. "Of course!"

"Daddy wait!"

"Yoko? What's wrong?"

"Mommy's hurt!"

Naruto felt his blood run cold before he closed his eyes and searched for Hinata's chakra signature with his senjutsu's sensing abilities. It was taking Naruto a while to locate Hinata's chakra signature, which only increased Naruto's anxiety. He squinted his eyes hard, desperately trying to find her, but he was suddenly kicked in the back by pain.

Naruto grunted from the kick but turned and shouted out to Sakura. "Go find Hinata!"

Sakura took a step in Naruto's direction, wanting to help out her teammate, but she quickly nodded before turning around and running with Yoko to find Hinata.

Naruto was about to think about a plan of attack when suddenly he heard someone landing next to him. "Sasuke? What are you doing here?"

"I can't exactly get revenge on Danzo if he's already dead by this guy. So if he's already dead, might as well help you kill these guys."

Naruto smirked before he went in his golden cloak and threw a plasma filled chakra punch towards the Deva Path after suddenly appearing in front of him by an act of pure speed, sending him flying back. When he saw the oranged-haired man get back up, Naruto frowned, as all it usually needed was one plasma chakra-filled punch to lay down a foe. He slightly bent down, about to blitz right in front of him again but was suddenly held in an arm lock.

'Dammit! I need to focus more!' Naruto internally chided himself before attempting to throw the perpetrator off his head by using the raw strength that sage mode had granted him, but he felt his strength quickly leaving him right before Sasuke kicked the man away.

"Pay more attention to your surroundings idiot," Sasuke smirked as he turned to face Naruto. "Seems like you haven't changed at all Naruto."

Naruto rolled his eyes as he closed his eyes to quickly gather more senjutsu chakra. After he finished, Naruto opened his eyes and turned to face Sasuke. "Yeah? Seems like you haven't changed at all either, Sasuke. Still a bastard as always."

Sasuke's smirk grew a bit before he was forced to jump out of the way as a giant bird crashed into the place where Sasuke was standing. Naruto's gaze snapped back to where the enemy was and found another man crouching down before he slapped both hands down.

A large rhino and a two-headed dog ran out of the giant smoke clouds that had initially enveloped the two summons. Naruto frowned as he crossed his fingers and created two clones. Immediately after being created, the clones raised their right arms above their head and charged toward the summons while creating a Sage art: Plasma Style Rasengan. When the spiraling ball of pure heat and electricity made contact with the summons, it instantly exploded into a large ball of lightning and fire that surrounded the summons before they were forced to dispel.