The Election

"Alright!" Wilbur announced, the same way he had when he had the fantastic idea for L'Manburg...by slamming his bag down in Tommy's lunch table, which had recently become the L'Manburg lunch table, "Time to plan out our campaign, it's been heavily rumored we'll have opponents this year, so I propose we have more of a platform!"

"Why?  Promising free chocolate milk seemed to work last year," Tommy shrugged.

"Yeah, but we got that, how do we make something double free?" Wilbur asks.

The table buzzed looking for some way to get out of doing the clearly insane thing...hard work.

"Maybe you could run under 'who else?' I mean, it worked for a lot of presidents who ran for a second term!" Niki shrugged.

"Or what about, 'Pog 2020'?" Tubbo suggests.

"'Pog 2020'?" Wilbur asks.

"Yeah," Tubbo shrugs, "wait were we not talking about running parties?"

"Oh, like, Pog is a party?  Yeah, that...that makes sense, I mean, who doesn't like the Pog emote?" Wilbur laughed.

"I like it!" Sally nods.

"Yeah! POG 2020!" Fundy yells.

"POG 2020!" Jack Manifold yells.

"You guys are doing this shit again?"

Instead of what was expected to be Dream making his way over, it was Quackity.

"God, what is it with you guys and starting revolutions?"

He was smirking, taunting the small group of teens.  Infinitely less intimidating than Dream, but definitely more annoying.

"Quackity, whatever you're thinking of doing I suggest you stop before it gets ugly," Wilbur crossed his arms, his teeth clenched.

"Oh, I'm not thinking of anything, Wilbur," Quackity leans over the table and into Wilbur's face, or about as close as he could get...with a ten inch height difference, "except maybe running for president,"

"Quackity, the sign-ups are closed, you can't do anything about it," Wilbur shakes his head.

"Oh but I did sign up Wilbur," Quackity smirks, "And George is my Vice President,"

"Whoa!  Big Q, you can't just make Dream's boyfriend your Vice President!" Tommy grumbles.

"We're not dating!" George approaches the table.  It was hard to tell how he felt saying that.  He didn't look exactly upset, or angry that they would have assumed that.  He just seemed like it was a fact.  He was just politely informing them.

"Okay, well," Wilbur began, "Debates start tomorrow, I trust you'll be there,"

"Of corse we will, I mean, who else?  Schlatt?"
———
"Wilbur, we're running against the most popular guy in school's...whatever-he-is, we just can't win this!" Tommy exclaims.

"Tommy, listen to me, I know we can beat him!  D'you know why?" Wilbur asks.

Tommy shakes his head.

"Because you beat him once before," Wilbur smiles, "and that is the kind of motivation we need!  We fought for our independence like a country, now we'll run it like a country, with a president!"

The table cheered.
———
When Dream came home that night and had absolutely no problem with Puffy giving him a well-needed haircut, something was clearly off.

"So," Puffy began, as she grabbed hair scissors off the bathroom counter, "what's going on with you?"

"What?" Dream asked, resisting the urge to turn to look at his mom.