🌹Chapter Eight🌹

Recap:

After my shift at the cafe which was tiring by the way. As I was walking home, I was dragged by someone, i couldn't see the person because I was grabbed at the back and before I could shout my mouth was covered by the guys hand. I was sure it was a guy because of the muscular arm and all I could of was Not again
*************************************

I grabbed the guy's hand from my mouth and elbowed him with all my might with my other arm. I turned to face the person and kick him where the sun doesn't shine.

"Wait, It's  me Jace'' He groaned as I kicked him

''I don't care what your name his doofus"  All that was on my mind was how I was going to escape.

Wanting to kick him one more time, one of my arm was grabbed by the so called 'Jace' and let me tell you, I panicked because I lost the  upper hand- I should have ran when I had the chance.

"I really am Jace'' He said pain evident in his voice

Trying to release my arm from his grip'' I said I don't... Wait, Jace, the asshole, the douche bag'' I asked more like stated in realization.

"Wow! Glad to know I have such a lovely description" It was dark but I could feel him roll his eyes

"What the heck are you doing'' I snapped as I dragged him towards the brighter part of the sidewalk

"You know, You could have just approach me like normal people do and say whatever you want to say, you did not have to give me a heart attack" I snapped.

If looks could kill he would have been six feet under the ground

He scratched the back of his head nervously looking everywhere but me "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you'' He mumbled guiltily.

I crossed my arms and pushed my hips out putting more of weight on one leg than the other

"Were you stalking me?" I cocked by eyebrows at him

"Wait, what, why will I stalk you" He questioned back like he couldn't believe his ears.

"Oh...so you mean coming to the cafe where I work everyday, staring at me in the hallways and at the cafeteria is not called stalking or is it called 'checking up on me without saying a word to me' I said puting my fingers up in an air quote "FYI, It is creepy, so just stop whatever nonsense you are doing.''

He furrowed his eyebrows at me "I did none of that, stop giving yourself so much credit besides I was just looking at the new boy you know the one that is always with you like your bodyguard- Yeah that one'' He shrugged. If I didn't know better I would have said he was jealous.

"Really" I scoffed "Let's pretend I buy what you said, so what are you doing here or did you come here to insult me again?"

"No-No, How is your palm"

"I believe that is none of your business, Is there any other thing you want to say?, I want to go home"

"Sorry"

"Uh'"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that, I thought you were someone else"

"Is the big bad boy saying sorry without being forced to"

"You wanna see what else is big?" He smirked

I didn't get what he was saying at first

''What, Eww, No'' I said twisting my face in disgust

"That's not what they say when we are at it"

"Then 'They' are very unlucky people... Gosh you are a pig, I don't need to know about your sexual escapades"  I grumbled and he started laughing like full blown laughter. I have never seen him laugh like that before all he ever does is smirk and what I said was not even funny.

"Hey, will you stop it" I said as I was already getting annoyed.

"You should have seen you face"

"Is that why you are acting like a hyena that was set loose?"

"Hahaha, that was funny" He laughed dryly

"Well. thank you apparently that's my new specialty... And this" Gesturing between us "...does not mean we are cool, we are not friends either."

"Okkk..."He drawled

"One more thing" I started looking at him straight in the eyes "Don't ever do that again."

"Okay'' He gulped "The dragging part or" He tried to joke.

"Both, idiot, I have to go"

"Let me drop home"

"Sure, you owe that much for wasting my time.''

I walked towards the car and got into the passenger side

"Has anyone ever told you that your glaring eyes is quite scary?" He asked turning on the ignition

"Yeah, Zack tells me all the time"

"Who is Zack?" He questioned briefly turning his head to stare at me intensely with his piercing electric blue orbs which strangely caused some stirring in the pit of my stomach.

"Eyes on the road mister—My house is around that corner" I said totally ignoring his question

"Thank you" I said as he parked his car in front of our gate "See ya....Not" I got out of his car and closed the door behind me.

I greeted Mr. Wilson who was security guard on my way inside and I did not bother to check if Jace drove off or not because my first priority was my grumbling stomach which desperately needs to be fed.

"Good evening Nanny Coral" I greeted as I walked into the kitchen and kissed her on both her cheeks. I dropped my bag on the kitchen island and grabbed a stool for myself

"Where have you been Ivy?"

"How are you doing?" I asked plastering a fake smile on my face

"Will, you wipe that creepy smile off your face and stop ignoring the question

"My smile is not creepy" I pouted "And I met a friend on my way home"  I said and I was technically not lying

"Just come home early next time" Nanny Coral"

"Nannnny....I'm not sixteen" I whined

Nanny Coral has been like a second mother to Lily and I because my parents are never really around.

"Blame me for being protective of you—You have this weird tendency of always getting into trouble."

"What!...I'm as calm as a dove"

"Lily is in her room, She asked of you" She informed ignoring what I said"

"Okkk..." I drawled "Is there anything I can feed to this cute tummy of mine?"

"Your food is in the microwave, you just have to re-heat it"

"Thanks Nanny" I said as she walks out  of  the kitchen.

After reheating my food, I stuffed my face with the delicious goodness of Mac n Cheese, took a shower and got into the warmth of my bed. Now this is a great way to end a long tiring day.

**************************************

Hi

Don't forget to vote, share and comment your thoughts on this chapter.

Do you guys like the new cover, I really suck at making covers.

QOTC: A black dress or A red dress
[Both colours are stunning by the way]
Mine: Black dress

I love you
Red💗💗
                                             Sign out✌️✌️