vi. vitamin d

―

"COMPETITION," MR. SCHUE SAID, addressing the Glee Club as he pinned pictures to the board, "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better.

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool." Kurt said.

"Conductivity." Hunter called out, making Artie fist bump him.

"Science."

"Just go with it," Mr. Schue said, ignoring the two boys nerding out, "You guys have become complacent. You were great at the invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through sectionals. Okay, split up. Guys on the left side, girls on the right side. Let's go, come on. All right."

The club all split up into their respective groups, as Kurt moved to group with the girls.

"Kurt." Mr. Schue called the boy, making him sulk over to the boys' side.

Hunter gave Kurt a sympathetic smile, wrapping his arm around the shorter boy's shoulders.

"Here's the deal. Two teams. Boys versus girls. One week from today, you will each perform a mash-up of your choice." Mr. Schue told them.

"What's a mash-up?" Puck asked.

"A mash-up is when you take two songs and mash them together to make an even richer explosion of musical expression," Their teacher explained, "Boys will perform on Tuesday, girls the next day. I want you guys to go all out, okay. Costumes, choreography. Whoever wins the competition gets to choose the number that we do for sectionals."

"Wait, who's going to be the judge?" Rachel asked, crossing her arms, "Your gender makes you biased."

"I mean, not really." Hunter muttered.

"Ah. There is going to be a celebrity judge." Mr. Schue answered.

"Wh-who?" Tina wondered.

"Oh, you're going to have to show up to find out." The man smirked, and the boys huddled up to talk about their mashup.

As the girls left, Mr. Schue approached the guys.

"Hey, I hope you guys are up for this competition. The girls look pretty pumped."

"We're planning on smacking them down like the hand of God." Artie deadpanned."

"But respectfully," Hunter added, as he and Artie started to leave, "And no offence, Mr. Schue, but Miss. Pillsbury isn't exactly a celebrity."

The boys stood in the choir room, trying to rehearse their mashup, but their rehearsals were interrupted by Finn sleeping.