xvi. home

―

"Um, all right, I have one final announcement before we all leave," Mr. Schuester said to the Glee club, "We can't use the auditorium for the next week."

Hunter's head snapped up from where he was sat, doodling on Brittany's leg, "What?"

"But that's garbage," Finn exclaimed, "How are we supposed to practice for regionals without the auditorium?"

"The Cheerios need it to practice in," Mr. Schuester shrugged, "There's nothing I can do."

Rachel stood up, "I recommend a sit-in."

"I recommend we torch the place." Puck countered, earning some mumbles of agreement and fist bumps.

"No," Mr. Schue sighed, "Look, we've all faced adversity before and come out stronger on the other end. I'm gonna check out a few off-site locations for us to use just for the week. I promise I'll find us a new home."

The Glee Club sighed as the bell rang and everybody packed up their stuff, leaving the room.

Hunter and Quinn looked over at Mercedes with frowns after what they had been witnessing for the past couple of days as Mr. Schuester filled the club in on his plan for them to rehearse in a roller rink.

Tina raised an eyebrow, "A roller rink?"

"Weren't those outlawed in, like, 1981 for being totally lame?" Santana scoffed.

"Come on, guys. Where's your sense of adventure?" Mr. Schue asked them, "The space is great and April is giving it to us to practice in for free."

"We do like free stuff." Hunter nodded, earning a fist bump from Tina.

"Mr. Schue? If I may?" Kurt put his hand up, the teacher nodding as Kurt stood in front of the club and Mr. Schue sat down with them.

"The New Directions is clearly a club with a dearth of direction. Rachel and Jesse refuse to accept that all of us would rather die before we allow them to become the next Beyoncé and Jay-Z..."

"True." Hunter nodded.

"And Finn's mother's romance with my father is sending him into a wholly unnecessary tailspin of despair," Kurt continued, "What we all need right now is to explore the idea of a sense of place and how if we find that place within we will get that happy ending," He turned to the pianist, "Brad, B-flat."

[ a house is not a home, sung by kurt (and finn) ]