Watching the Avengers - part 2

"let's continue" Dumbledore says.

NICK FURY: Sir, please put down the spear!

Loki looks at his spear then suddenly points it at where Fury and Barton are standing and shoots out a blue exploding light toward them. Clint tackles Fury and they both barely miss Loki's fired shot.

All hell breaks. Machine gun fire is shot at Loki, but the bullets bounce off him. Loki jumps high from the platform and attacks those firing at him. In the blink of an eye, Loki takes down several guards with his knives and energy blasts from the scepter. He stops and waits to see who will attack him next. Honestly, the whole lab has almost gone to shit.

Clint tries to stand up. Loki quickly walks towards him. Clint raises his gun, but Loki grabs Clint's hand.

LOKI: You have heart.Loki points the head of his spear at Barton's head. Barton's eyes suddenly glow BLACK. The ability to control Barton's mind is now in Loki's hand. Barton puts his piece away and stands straight.

Clint looks down and Nat squeezes his hand and he smiles at her. 

As Loki is busy using his abilities to control the minds of several S.H.I.E.L.D. personnel, Fury takes the Tesseract, placing it back into its case and tries to leave the lab.

Loki: Please don't. I still need that.

Fury: This doesn't have to get messier.

Loki: Of course it does. I've come too far enough for anything else. I am Loki of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose.

Selvig: Loki? Brother of Thor?

"He's your brother???" someone shouts and Thor just nods.

Fury : We have no quarrel with your people.

Loki: An ant has no quarrel with a boot.

Fury: You planning to step on us?

Loki: I come with glad tidings, of a world made free

Fury: Free from what?

Loki: Freedom. Freedom is life's great lie. Once you accept that, in your heart..

Loki turns to face Selvig, who's standing behind him and places his spear against Selvig's heart. Selvig's eyes turn black.

"What is he doing?" Hermione asks in horror.

"Mind control" Clint responds.

Loki: You will know peace.

Fury: Yeah, you say peace, I kind of think you mean the other thing.

From the vacuum chamber ceiling, Tesseract's energy cloud rapidly builds.

"What's happening?" A second year Hufflepuff asks but gets ignored.

Clint: Sir, Director Fury is stalling. This place is about to blow. Drop a hundred feet of rock on us. He means to bury is.

Fury: Like the pharoahs of Odin.

Selvig: He's right. The portal is collapsing in on itself. You got maybe 2 minutes before this goes critical.

Loki: Well then.

Loki looks at Clint, who without hesitation, shoot at Fury who falls to the ground.

Clint buries himself in Nat's arms not wanting to see anymore.