Watching the Avengers - part 18

Fury walks in surprised to see Tony and Bruce stop working on the scepter.

Fury: What are you doing, Mr. Stark?

Tony: Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you.

Fury: You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract.

Bruce: We are. The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile.

Tony: And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. (suddenly his monitor show a collection of secret files) By the way what is phase 2?

"What's that?" 

"You'll see very soon" Steve says. 

Suddenly, Steve drops a Hydra weapon on the table causing Fury, Bruce and Tony to turn around.

Steve: Phase 2 is when SHIELD uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow.

"What????"

"That's horrible!" 

Fury: Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're...

Tony: I'm sorry, Nick.

Tony moves the computer screen towards Fury which shows plans of the weapons.

Tony: What were you lying?

Steve: I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit.

At that moment, Thor and Natasha walk into the lab. Natasha keeps her eyes right on Bruce who looks at her, pissed.

Bruce: Did you know about this?

Natasha: You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?

Bruce: I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed.

Natasha: Loki's manipulating you.

"We really should have listened to you" Bruce says. 

Bruce: And you've been doing what exactly?

Natasha: You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you.

Bruce: Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction.

Fury: Because of him. (pointing at Thor)

Thor: Me?

Fury: Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned.

Thor: My people want nothing but peace with your planet.

"But your not the only one, are you?" 

Fury: But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled.

Steve: Like you controlled the cube?

Thor: Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war.

Steve: A higher form?

Fury: You forced our hand. We had to come up with something.

Tony: Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down.

Fury: Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?

"You made weapons??"

Tony just shifted in his seat. Peter put his arms around Tony and whispered "I still think your awesome." Tony just smiled at Peter and pulled him closer to him. 

Steve: I'm sure if Stark still made weapons,Stark would be neck

Tony: Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?

Steve: I'm sorry, isn't everything?

Thor: I thought humans were more evolved than this.

Fury: Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?

Thor: Did you always give your champions such mistrust?

Natasha: Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats?

Bruce: And Captain America is on threat watch?

Natasha: We all are.

Tony:You're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?

Steve: Stark if you say one more word.

Tony: Threat! World threat! I feel threatened!

People laughed at that.

As they argue, they don't realize the blue gem on Loki's scepter is glowing brightly.

"I don't have a good feeling about that" 

-

-

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had a shit load of work.