Watching the Avengers - part 12

Somewhere out in the mountains, Thor throws Loki into the side of the mountain. He raises his hammer. He looks down at his brother.

Thor: Where is the Tesseract?

Loki(laughs): I missed you too.

Thor: Do I look to be in a gaming mood?!

Loki: Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth.

Thor drops his hammer, causing the mountain to quake. He picks up Loki.

Thor: I thought you dead.

"How does that work...."

Loki: Did you mourn?

Thor: We all did. Our father...

Loki: Your father. He did tell you my true parentage, did he not?

Thor lets go of Loki, who walks away from Thor.

Thor:We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?

Loki: I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king!

Thor: So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki.

Loki(laughs): And you're doing a marvelous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly threaten. I mean to rule them. And why should I not?

"What's his problem??" James asks rudely and Thor glares at him. 

"Chill out point break" Tony tells him. 

Thor: You think yourself above them.

Loki: Well, yes.

Thor: Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill.

Angrily, Loki shoves his brother to the side.

Loki: I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown,Odinson, in my exile! I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it...

Thor: Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be-king?

Loki: I am a king!

Thor: Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home.

Loki: I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home, but I've sent it off I know not where. Thor's hammer flies back to his grasp.

Thor: You listen well, brother.

Thor is knocked off the mountain by Tony who tackles him in mid-flight.

"That was the worst timing ever" Peter snorts. 

Loki: I'm listening.

Thor and Tony crash into the forest. Thor rolls himself up. Tony is still standing, but keeps his distance. The helmet opens up.

Thor: Do not touch me again!

Tony: Then don't take my stuff.

Thor: You have no idea what you're dealing with.

Tony: Shakespeare in the park? Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Whoever knew Shakespeare, laughed. 

"leave it to Tony to say something like that" Clint says. 

Thor: This is beyond you, metal man. Loki will face Asgardian justice!

Peter stares at Tony like he's thinking. 

"What?" Tony asks. 

"I'm going to call you metal man from now" Peter says. 

"I'll call you... web man!" Tony says and everyone stares at him. 

"Yeah that wasn't good at all, never mind" Tony says and the Avengers laugh at him. 

Tony: He gives up the Cube, he's all yours. Until then, stay out of my way... tourist.

The Iron man helmet clamps up and he walks away. In one quick move, Thor pulls Mjolnir, throws it, and knocks Tony clear across into a tree.

Tony: Okay.

From the mountain side, Loki watches in amusement.

Thor raises his hand. Mjolnir flies back to his hand. Thor swings the hammer, summoning a ray of energy. Tony stands up and from his hand boosters, a blast of energy knocks Thor down. Tony flies back up and knocks Thor into a tree. Thor, kneeling on the ground, pulls Mjolnir to his hand, raises it to the skies and pulls in lightning. Thor points the hammer at Tony and the outpouring of bolts lighting increases in intensity. Tony falls back.

JARVIS: Power at 400% capacity.

Tony: How about that?

Tony fires away from his hand boosters, pushing Thor to his knees. Both Thor and Tony fly towards each other and meet in the middle and ascend up. The two battle. Tony grasps Thor, elbowing him and smashing him into the side of a mountain. Thor leaps off the mountain and takes Tony with him.

Thor and Tony crash right back down, smashing down every tree possible. Tony yanks Thor right up. Thor grabs both hand boosters and begins to crush them. Tony quickly charges as much energy as he can and shoots energy in Thor's face. Thor falls back, losing his stance. Tony headbutts Thor. Thor headbutts him and sends Tony across the forest.

"That's gotta hurt" 

Tony boosts up and flies back at Thor, grabbing him by the arm and cape and swinging him into another tree. Thor looks up, ready. Thor runs with all his patience out the window. Tony swings and misses, giving Thor the momentum to grab him, lift him and smashes him down hard.

Thor summons Mjolnir to his hand. Just as he's about to put the hammer down, Tony uses his hand boosters to skid across the ground and trip Thor over. Standing up, Thor looks for him, but from behind him,Tony crashes into his back. Thor stands facingTony.

Cap's shield ricochets off both Thor and Tony, stopping them. They look up and see Steve standing on top of a fallen tree with the shield back in his hand.

"You both look like kids who got caught stealing candy" Nat laughs. 

Steve: Hey! That's enough! (comes down and looks at Thor) Now, I don't know what you plan on doing here.

Thor: I've come here to put an end to Loki's schemes!

Steve: Then prove it! Put the hammer down.

Tony: Um, yeah, no! Bad call! He loves his hammer!

Thor backhands Tony with MJOLNIR. Thor raises the hammer.

Thor: You want me to put the hammer down? 

Thor leaps into the air. Steve crouches down and holds up his shield. Thor brings the hammer down onto the shield and a massive implosion of light reacts to the shield creating a massive shockwave.

Tony stands up, looking around. Lying right next to him is Steve, who never takes his eye off Thor. Thor looks at both of them.

Steve: Are we done here?

-

-

End of chapter! Hope you liked it!