Watching the Avengers - part 25

Fury gathers Tony and Steve back into the briefing room everyone

there has a look of numb shock on their devastated faces.

Fury: These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. Guess he never did get you to sign them.

Fury throws Coulson's Captain America trading cards on the table towards Steve. Steve picks them up, stained with blood.

Fury: We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming.

A beat

Fury: Yes, we were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number though, because I was playing something even riskier. There was an idea, Stark knows this, called the Avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to, to fight the battles that we never could. Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, in heroes.

Tony gets up and walks off, not wanting to hear it anymore.

Fury: Well, it's an old fashioned notion.

Thor walks out far into the meadow.

Bruce wakes up, in human form. He looks around and sees he is in a pile of rubble and looks up at the open ceiling he cracked in and he is completely naked. A security guard stands there, amazed.

Guard: You fell out of the sky.

Bruce: Did I hurt anybody?

Guard: There's nobody around here to get hurt. You did scare the hell out of some pigeons though.

"He seems  nice" 

"Yeah he was" 

Bruce: Lucky.

Guard: Or just good aim. You were awake when you fell.

Bruce: You saw?

Guard: The whole thing, right through the ceiling. Big and green and buck ass nude. Here...

He throws Bruce a pair of big pants. Bruce pulls on his pants.

Guard: I didn't think those would fit you until you shrunk down to a regular size fella.

Bruce: Thank you.

Guard: Are you an alien?

Bruce: What?

Guard: From outer space, an alien?

"Where else would they be from?" 

Bruce: No.

Guard: Well then, son, you've got a condition.

Clint is strapped down. Natasha watches over him as he tries to shake off Loki's mind control.

Natasha: Clint, you're gonna be alright.

Clint: You know that? Is that what you know? I got...I gotta go in though. I gotta flush him out.

Natasha: We don't have that long, it's gonna take time.

Clint: I don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?

"Sorry I-" Clint starts. 

"If I hear you appologize one more time, I'm going to kill you" Nat says and Clint shuts up. 

Natasha: You know that I do.

Clint: Why am I back? How did you get him out?

Natasha: Cognitive recalibration. I hit you really hard in the head.

Clint: Thanks.

"I'll do it again" Nat offers and Clint shakes his head.

Natasha unfastents his restraints.

Clint: Tasha, how many agents?

Natasha: Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for.

Clint: Loki, he got away?

Natasha: Yeah. I don't suppose you know where?

Clint: I didn't need to know. I didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today.

Natasha: We gotta stop him.

Clint: Yeah? Who's we?

Natasha: I don't know. Whoever's left.

Clint: Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better I suppose.

Natasha: Now you sound like you.

Natasha sits next to him.

Clint: But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?

Natasha: He didn't, I just...

Clint: Natasha..

Natasha: I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out.

-

-

Hope you liked it! Also, Happy belated birthday Zayn Mallik!!!!!!