C1 - (Y/N)

(Y/N) POV
Should I really do it?

(Y/N) was deep in thought, he wasn't as confident as he may seem to everyone around him. It's been 2 years since he's been dancing with many famous dance groups around America. He was considered a prodigy and among the best despite being so young.

What led him to this?

FLASHBACK

Akira (Y/N) was born in Kyoto, Japan and lived a happy life up until one very devastating day.

Before that day however, he had made one friend when he was 4, someone who would be the reason he was able to overcome such horrible emotions and the reason he was so invested in dancing. (Y/N) met a girl by the name of Hirai Momo, an energetic and calming presence to be around. At first, (Y/N) was intimidated by her since he was so shy. But Momo suggested he try something with her. Dancing. For some reason, (Y/N) agreed to do so and ended up falling in love with dancing. He would do it anytime he was able to, and when time allowed it, he practiced dancing with Momo. It was nothing but happiness up until one day, where everything changed.

At this time, (Y/N) was 7 and Momo was 10. They were walking home together with Momo's mother and stopped when she suddenly got a call from what seemed to be an unknown number. When she picked up and asked who it was and why they were calling, she was in shock as she looked towards (Y/N). She didn't know how to break the news to such a young child, she was worried about him.

"Honey?" she said looking at Momo, with a worried tone. "Could you accompany (Y/N) for a little bit? There's something urgent that came up, but I'll be back as soon as possible"

Momo, not exactly sure why her mother looked so worried, nodded. Her mother quickly left, and (Y/N) asked Momo what had happened.

"Momoring, where'd she go?"

She shrugged, "I'm not sure, but she said to just stay here until she came back. Let's go play until she gets back though Mimi~" she replied in a cheerful tone

Mimi was a nickname Momo gave to (Y/N) a month after they first met, and just stuck with since she thought it was cute and (Y/N) seemed to not mind.

They both headed to a park that was nearby, and had fun to their hearts content until Momo's mother came back. Once she was back, Momo noticed something off about her mother, but decided to not pry until they got home. To her surprise, she told Momo that (Y/N) would be staying with them for a few days. She was confused, but nevertheless excited since she would be able to spend more time with her best friend.

(Y/N) didn't think much of it, as he was used to not being around his parents often and just thought they were busy with work. He grew up as a very quiet kid, and would rarely show emotions. But that changed when he met Momo, she was someone who turned out to be one of the most important people in his life. Someone who would bring out the best in him, they were amazing friends and would always be comfortable being around each other.

A few days passed, life continued as normal. But this day was the day Momo's mother would be ready to tell (Y/N) the truth.

"(Y/N)? Momo? I need to talk to you two" she called out for the two kids while they were dancing. They stopped and came around to the living room where Momo's mother was, and sat on the couch.

"(Y-Y/N).. we need to talk about something very important. I just want you to know that we will always be here for you no matter what, okay?" she said shaking at first, but gaining her composure back

(Y/N) nodded, very confused and wondering why she looked so upset.

"Your parents.. are not with us anymore."