Part 1

Cassie was in a S.H.I.E.L.D truck, surrounded by 4 armed guards in black suits. She rolled her eyes, as if that would keep her from escaping if she really wanted to. Cassie just didn't care what was happening. They've tried this over and over again. Bring her to lots of people, trying to get her to change back, and help her, but it never worked. She just laid on their couch, eating and drinking whenever she was hungry, but not participating in anything. They were now bringing her somewhere else, but she had no hope that they would help her either.

In the last 5 years, she hadn't changed from a white wolf with bright red eyes, which some were afraid of so they didn't even bother trying to help her. Cassie lifted her head up from her curled up position on the floor of the truck, as she felt the truck stop. The guards aimed their tasers at her, but she ignored them, and turned to the door of the truck, waiting to be left out. She didn't care much about anything, but she knew they would zap her again if she didn't follow them out the truck. Cassie found that out the hard way.

Someone on the outside of the truck opened it, and she squinted her eyes from the bright sun. Two of the guards with her stepped out of the truck, one of them pulling the chain collar that was tied to her neck, to get her out. Once she hopped out of the truck, facing the man with an eye patch, who opened the door, the other two guards followed out beside her, keeping their tasers aimed at her.

Sure, she did some very bad things years ago, killing a hell of a lot of people, so it made sense they would take precautions, but she hardly had lifted a claw in five years. And she hardly talked in the last five years either.

"Hello Cassie," the man with the eye patch said, "It's been a while since I last saw you."

Fury seemed to be waiting for a reaction out of Cassie, but she just stared at him, so he sighed, and gestured the two guards in front of her to follow him. The one with the chain pulled on it, making her grunt and follow. Cassie was going to come anyway, they just liked annoying her. They were lucky she didn't bite their arm off.

Cassie looked up at the building they were leading her into, and realized it was the Avengers Compound. She blinked, I guess this is their last resort to bring me here.

She was brought in with Fury, and the two guards to the living room, and saw almost all the Avengers on the couch, waiting for her. Cassie didn't recognize all of them, but she knew some of them. She knew Tony Stark, Captain America, Natasha, Clint, and Wanda. There were some others she knew, but she didn't see them there. But there was a tall pale man, with shoulder-length black hair, who she didn't recognize.

Fury turned to Cassie and said, "Cassie, these are the Avengers. Tony, Rogers, Wanda, Clint, Natasha Romanoff, and Loki."

Loki. So that was the new guy. Or maybe not even new, she hadn't payed attention to the news in the last few years.

"Fury what's with the collar?" Steve asked him, looking uncomfortable.

"To keep her under control," he answered, "I'm sure you all saw what she did years ago, killing all those innocents."

Clint's eyes widened, "That was her?"

Fury nodded, and most of the Avengers looked nervous, except Natasha, who was probably never scared, and Loki looked impressed.

Cassie looked around the room, ignoring the rest of the conversation. She noticed an elevator and stairs in the far corner, probably leading to the other floors, maybe the Avengers's dens- rooms. Over the years of staying a wolf, she sometimes thought like one, and was trying hard to stop.

When Cassie payed attention to the conversation once more, she heard Natasha saying, "All she can do is shapeshift right?" Cassie had to hold in a snort. When Fury nodded in agreement she continued, "Then take the collar off. She hardly looks like she's going to hurt any of us, and if I remember the file correctly, which I always do, she won't care enough."

Cassie wasn't sure if she should be uncomfortable that Natasha read the file, and knew all about her, or grateful that she did, as none of the other people did.

Fury frowned, and Wanda added, "It's not like we're going to keep her on a chain the entire time she's here."

It was cute that they thought she couldn't get out of it anytime she wanted anyway. When the Avengers and Fury kept arguing, Cassie sighed, rolling her eyes, and turned into a small white cat(Yes, almost all her forms were white), scurrying out from under the chain, then turning back into her wolf form, and sitting down.

They all stared open mouthed at her, and Cassie couldn't help but crack a smirk. "I guess that's settled then," Tony said.

Cassie heard Fury grumble something about 'If she could get out this whole time, why'd she stay?'

None of them looked like they knew what to do, so Cassie sighed, Let's get this over with, and jumped onto the couch, smack in middle of the Avengers, and curled up, planning to stay there and not move like she did every other time.

"I guess I'll be off then," Fury said, and motioned the guards to follow him out, leaving, "Good luck. You'll need it."

Most of the Avengers left, leaving just Tony and Natasha. Tony randomly said, "Can I call you Cass?" Cassie lifted up her head to glare at him, but he just smiled and said, "Cass it is."

Cassie looked at Natasha who was staring at her, or more like her fur, like she wanted to pet her. Cassie almost laughed, it was kind of funny. Natasha saw that Cassie knew she was watching, and looked away, embarrassed. When Natasha turned back to look at her, she nodded her head, which Natasha took as an invitation to stroke her fur. Cassie closed her eyes, letting her head rest on her paws. Surprisingly she didn't hate the feeling of Natasha's fingers combing through her fur. Usually it was just the little kids who were brave enough, or stupid enough, to try and pet her, and they were...well...little kids.

Natasha seemed so content petting her fur, and Cassie wondered why. She seemed like a little kid, did she not have a childhood pet? To be fair, Cassie didn't either, but her past wasn't exactly normal.

Tony stood up then, and said, "Well...I'm gonna go find Cap, it's his turn to cook dinner."

Cassie's ears perked up at dinner. She may be a lazy wolf, but who wouldn't get excited over food? Especially with the stuff that Fury fed her when she wasn't at anyone else's house. It would be offensive to food to call the muck Fury gave her food.

Natasha saw her perk up and chuckled, "Cap is probably the best cook around here besides Clint, but he sometimes takes a while, trying to get it perfect."

Cassie put her head back down, understanding what Natasha was saying. She might as well take a nap while she waited. Cassie let out a big yawn, then closed her eyes and started drifting to sleep.