Part 12

Cassie didn't meet the eyes of anyone as Loki pulled her gently out of the elevator. She could feel the gaze of everyone in the room trained on her.

"What happened to Cassie?" Tony interrupted the silence with one of his smart remarks. "Looks like we've got a new Elsa. Reindeer Games can be Frosty the Snowman."

If Cassie could look any more miserable, she did now. She could vaguely hear Natasha hit Tony on the head and glare at him.

"I know I look hideous," Cassie murmured. "You don't need to walk on egg shells around me."

"You do not look hideous, Lady Cassie," Thor spoke up. He knew what to say a little better than the others, considering his brother was an insecure Frost Giant. "I think everyone is at a loss for words because you look different, that doesn't mean bad though."

"Thank you, Thor." Cassie smiled softly, her tail swishing silently behind her.

"Why are you like this?" Steve asked.

"I don't have any power right now," Cassie admitted.

"Why? What happened?" A few of them asked.

"Happens got three days every month," she explained again. "I don't know much about my kind so I can't explain why."

"That's odd," Thor said, turning to Loki. "That doesn't happen to any magic users on Asgard."

"No, it does not," Loki agreed. "I do not know what realm Lady Cassie comes from."

"I have no idea," Cassie said when everyone turned to look at her.

"I can try to do some research," Loki said, and Thor nodded.

There was an awkward silence then, where no one knew what to say. Thankfully, it was interrupted by Jarvis. Although he didn't bring good news. "Sir, the Bifrost has activated outside, with many men in armor coming from it."

Thor summoned his hammer to his hand as everyone walked outside to see what was happening.

"Father?" Thor asked.

"My son, give me the girl," the man holding a staff ordered.

"Lady Cassie?" Thor asked. "She has done nothing."

"Her existence is a danger to everyone," the king announced, and his guards struck their spears forward.

Loki pushed Cassie behind him as his form shimmered back to his Asgardian form. "She's done nothing."

"She is dangerous. She should have been killed with the rest of her kind," the king said.

"They're all dead?" Cassie gasped.

"They were a threat to life. So they were eliminated," he said emotionlessly.

"But she's harmless!" Tony protested, earning a glare from the king.

"I, Odin, king of Asgard, protector of the Nine Realms, am ordering that you hand over the girl. Don't make me use force," Odin ordered.

"Father, please, leave her be," Thor pleaded, but he was ignored.

"Take her." Odin extended his staff and his guards came at Cassie while the Avengers and Loki all made a wall around her, protecting her.

"Wait!" She called out, and everyone froze. "Please, I'm not worth it to fight over. This isn't a battle you can win."

"We can just let him take you!" Loki spat. "I refuse to let that happen."

Cassie put one hand on his arm, lowering it down and making him drop his dagger. "Please, Loki. He's right, I am dangerous."

Loki turned around and gripped her hands in his. "I won't let him kill you."

"Thank you, girl, for making the right decision," Odin said. Loki look confused at first, but he frowned as he figure he was holding faded away and he turned to look at the real Cassie next to Odin.

"I'm sorry, Loki, but I can't be the cause of more deaths," Cassie said sadly.

"No! You can take her!" Thor boomed.

"Allfather, please, if there is any part of you that ever loved me, let her go," Loki pleaded. He was beyond keeping on his mask, keeping her alive was more important.

"I'm sorry my sons, I must keep the Nine Realms safe," Odin said, and raised his staff to the sky as his guards surrounded him once more. "Heimdall! Take us back!"

Odin, Cassie, and his guards were taken up through the Bifrost light, as the Avengers and Loki stood there dumbly.

"We must stop this!" Thor said.

"How? Even if we made it to Asgard, we wouldn't be able to get her past all the guards before she's killed," Loki said.

"You're the god of tricks!" Thor exclaimed. "You must figure out a way."

"Then I have been given the wrong godhood, as I am out of ideas." Loki let his daggers drop and sighed sadly.