Part 8

Cassie whimpered as she was shoved into the cell, the collar still weighing down her neck. She felt something stick into her side and shrieked, looking down to see a tranquilizer dart. She stared at the agent who shot her, Fuck you! The man just smirked as she fell out of consciousness.

"Am I going to be as feared and powerful as you one day?" Young Anthony asked his dad.

Howard smiled at his kid, pausing his work to ruffle his kid's hair, earning a pout from him, "And even more. You will do great things with Stark Industries one day."

Cassie, who was watching from the corner, sniffled, trying to stop the tears that threatened to fall. She came out of her hiding spot, wiping her eyes, "Take over Stark Industries one day, huh?"

"Cass..." Howard turned to her.

"Don't 'Cass' me!"

Howard turned to his son, "Please leave us."

"But-"

"Now!" Little Anthony ran out of the room.

"I'm your CEO! I do everything regarding the company!"

"And I pay you very generously," Howard pointed out.

"Why is he taking over your company?" Cassie asked, tears now streaming past her face, "Half the time you act like you can hardly tolerate the runt!"

"He's my son," he protested, "and therefore heir to the company."

"No," The tears started to freely fall down her face now. "The truth is, you could never have a monster like me take over your precious little company!" Cassie gestured to her white hair and red eyes.

"I took you in from the streets where you were left to die!" Howard yelled, standing up. "Without me you would be dead," he spat.

"That was before you had a real son to take it over," she said, coldly.

"Maybe it was!" Howard blurted out. "The kid is already smarter at 10 than you could ever be!"

Cassie stepped back, "Wait Cassie- I- I didn't mean that!"

She wiped the tears from her face, "Yes you did"

She turned around and left the building, "I quit."

Cassie walked out, giving the building one last look before leaving to the streets once more.

A woman popped out of thin air next to her, who she gave no notice to, keeping her head down.

"Aww," the woman said, "Stark finally kick you out?"

"I quit," Cassie responded without stopping.

"And now...?" The woman had a mischievous grin on her face.

"I'll help you," Cassie said plainly. "I have nothing for me now anyway."

The woman smiled brightly, "Help me..?"

Cassie stopped walking and faced her, "I'll help you take over Earth. There. Is that what you want to hear?"

The woman gave her a hug, "Oh Cass you won't regret it!"

Cassie sighed, "I already do."

Cassie shot out of the memory-dream, panting hard. She curled up on the floor, crying, I never should have done it.

———

I came back to reality when the memory ended. I put a hand to my forehead. What in Odin's name just happened?

That must have been Cassie's memory, but why would she share it with me? Unless she didn't mean to.

I sighed, brushing my hands through my hair. Seeing that memory just made me feel even more guilty. A feeling I never wanted to feel.

I started to realize that she was actually very much like me. Cast out for her looks.

I knew I couldn't avoid my feelings for much longer. I tried avoiding her, try to stop what I felt, but it just made the feelings grow. I always thought it would be me against the world. But I met Cassie and she was nice to me, something I hadn't had in a while. I wanted her friendship.

"Brother," I looked up to see Thor walk in the room, and quickly made my expression cold, to not show him what I was thinking. "I know you said you do not like Lady Cassie, but Stark wants your help to find her."

I gave him a smirk, "What? Too ignorant to find her himself?"

Thor let out a sigh, "Please, Loki. For once in your life help us!"

I let the smirk fall off my face. Thor hardly ever called me my name. I stood up and gave a small nod, earning a huge smile from Thor.

"Thank you, brother."

I hoped I wouldn't regret helping find her. She probably still hated me anyway. I knew I shouldn't have tried avoiding her and be rude, but I didn't know what else to do.

————————————————————————

A/n: I know all the time difference doesn't make sense with Howard to five years later older Tony, and it starts a little while after New York (Loki attacking) and we already have Wanda and everyone else, but just please bare with me and pretend it makes sense OwO

Love you all <3

(Sorry for the short-ish chapter)