When you think I'm lucid dreaming

To skip the appreciation note, jump to the asterisk! :D

As I am writing this here chapter, we have hit 2.68K reads on Wattpad, 2.7K on Quotev and 10K on Ao3! Which are some pretty big number for a first fanfic! So, with this chapter being the big return of plot and angst, I want to thank everyone for their continued support whether it be by commenting or simply reading and voting or following me!

Now, I want to thank the individuals who helped motivate me and keep me writing this fic and other fanfics in general.

First is ArtemisOak on Wattpad, one of our very first readers, who may not be here anymore but dear God were they a big help at the start!

Second I want to thank the people on Quotev, who came in like freakin superheroes in the comment section! I especially want to thank Raven, Angeli, Crow and FearThyRavenclaw, who have stuck around since the very beginning. Gotta love 'em.

Last but not least, I want to thank the people of Ao3. The recurring peeps in the comments especially, like Mira, amybri, Daii, miss swan and Ace1diots.

There are so many more of you that I can't thank enough! Again, I appreciate the support very much, your comments are always read and heard, and without further ado, let's continue the angst :D

*

"Are you comfy now?", Stress asked with a light chuckle as Tommy shifted against her for the hundredth time.

He nodded, clutching the warm pink and white blankets closer to his body, the scent of lavender and allium calming his nerves. Thunder rumbled outside, roared like a wild beast on a rampage, scaring all jungle critters into hiding as well as the two hermits. Now, Tommy was in the kind woman's house, taking great advantage of her soft spot for him and asking for all things sweet and warm since the moment he was allowed to stay the night. Well, not exactly allowed, because Stress had stressed that he was welcome to her base at any given moment in time.

That was how he had ended up on the couch, curled up in the warmest of blankets right against the kindest of hearts, with a plate full of cookies and rock candy in the little room there was left between them on the cushions. He picked one every once in a while, but he found that the weaved cloth would roll off his shoulder or twist in an uncomfortable angle and he stopped, instead leaning his head contently on Stress' shoulder.

Stress had a big book on her lap that the teen looked over with his eyes. It had a hard cover, and it was notably thick with lots of pages. The woman had said it was a compilation of stories when he had pointed it out on the bookshelf and since they weren't going anywhere with that sort of weather outside, he had suggested to read some of of them. That's what led them to the couch, Stress flipping through pages in search of the good stories and tales, and Tommy resting against her with his head on her shoulder.

"Oh, I think you'll like this one", Stress said, the book open on the title of "Daedalus and Icarus".

Tommy's eyes blew wide, eyebrows risen in surprise. Phil used to read that story to him, called it some sort of elaborate myth. Techno had told him that it was like Aesop's myths, only with people and not animals, meant to teach life lessons with warnings to mature teens rather than childish toddlers.

"I know this one", he said, shifting again to get a better viewing angle. "Dad used to read me these myths"

He felt Stress' hair tug underneath his chin but didn't turn his head to face her. It was the first time that he had mentioned his father, or any of his family members really; he guessed her reaction was one of either surprise or shock or maybe both.

"He did?"

Tommy nodded.

"Sounds like you have a cool dad, kiddo"