The beginning of the end

Disclaimer: I have no idea how court things are supposed to go so this is as accurate as TV shows or less. Therefore, to avoid confusion, what I say goes. Enjoy! :D

*

Tommy didn't get to spend too much time with Tubbo. After his friend and his company's arrival, Tubbo was taken in by Xisuma and treated with kindness and soft questions for the first few hours after his recovery. Tommy understood why the admin had taken such an interest in his best friend, despite how much it hurt to not be able to see him after having had just got him back by his side.

It hurt but Tommy understood.

They were going to be blamed for that. The hermits were going to be blamed for the kidnapping of yet another member of the Dream SMP. And what was worse was that two hermits were also missing, destined for an unknown fate and only Prime knew if they were alive and well.

At least, Wels was still fine. Helsknight, who was the counterpart of Welsknight just like Evil X was Xisuma's, would get these random hits and cuts, and he would say that it was Wels doing most of it. They were connected on a far deeper level than the bee hybrids and Tommy was thankful to have a live representation of the hermit's physical state because he really didn't want to think of... of other things that could possibly happen to Wels.

False, he prayed she was doing well. She had gone to Phil and Technoblade's, so she had to be well. The two anarchists wouldn't kill her on sight. They're far calmer and cautious than that to kill someone without asking questions first and surely, they'd let False state her presence.

He had no time to think, however. Xisuma had came through on his words and the court date was moved closer. There were three days left and Tommy had crash landed into the reality, the stress and the anxiety that the hermits were going through tenfold. He had no previous experience of speaking to a judge, of talking and whining to a complete stranger about things he didn't want to remember -but he had to. For his own good and for the hermits and hopefully for the rest of the people on the Dream SMP, he would do so.

Stress had hugged him before Xisuma took him outside of Hermitcraft and into the Main Hub. She had hugged him, eyes wide and fearful but she had done her best to hide them as she'd pressed her face into his shoulder and held him there for a few moments. The height difference had given her worries away, however, as Tommy had peered her and he had felt a massive pit of guilt in his stomach.

He was causing so much hurt to the people who had taken him in in exchange for nothing but company. He'd make up for it -he had promised that to himself silently before pulling away from the hug. He'd fix everything; he had to because he owed these wonderful people so much.

Grian had pat him on the back, Mumbo following with a similar gesture but less roughly than the colorful avian and Scar had given him a pep talk on confidence. That was an interesting exit from Stress' base. Cleo had been waiting outside for him too, accompanied by Shroud -the little spider chittering as it looked at him with its big eyes- and she unceremoniously grabbed him by the shoulders and gave him a few words of encouragement.

The rest of the hermits had been waiting in the shopping district. Impulse, Tango, Etho, everyone who didn't live in the jungle or who didn't have buisiness there like Cleo. They had been waiting for him, anxioustly and worriedly but with no annoyance like Tommy would've had expected some months ago. They had only urged him to keep a smile on his face, to not let anyone get the better of him and to not back down because he was right. They were all right and Dream was wrong, so he took the advice to heart like he hadn't told himself that before.

And those who didn't have words had actions. A ruffle of his hair that had him laughing and swatting at the perpetrator, pats on his back, small gifts to give him courage and strength in the hardships that he had to overcome -he would overcome them and there was no rooms for questions in that one.