End of a cycle

This is the ending we've all been waiting for. Over the course of the year and a half that this fic has been going on, I have clearly fallen out of love with it, judging by the poorly made chapters and overall lack of patience I've had with updating.

So, I've decided to put an ending to this sooner than previously planned! I have tons of other fics and personal projects to complete, so I hope I'll see you on some of my other stories! Enjoy the ending!

----

It took a month until Tommy had gathered enough courage and will to face Dream. The admin had been hanging in Hermitcraft, trailing behind Xisuma like a lost puppy and from what Tommy heard, he was learning.

He was inclined to believe that Dream did actually learn a thing or two about manners and how manipulation -while fun- was very, very bad, morally and psychologically speaking. Tommy had stalked them from time to time, making sure that nothing similar to last time happened.

Weirdly enough, no one else was stabbed, Stress was as carefree as ever and Tommy was... He didn't know. Truth was that he didn't know how he felt when he texted Stress that he was coming over and to get Dream.

Truly, he didn't.

So, sitting at the same table as said man was really awkward for him. There was nothing familiar that he could cling onto, aside from the mask and hoodie with the stupid smile patch. He glared at the thing for a second before deciding that an object was not supposed to be the subject of his scrutiny.

That subject was Dream. Dream who was silent, ever-so-calculating, cunning, evil... and so many things that he wasn't then. Tommy could tell: he was a changed man. Well, as changed as one could become in the span of a month of living with the very kind and patient hermits.

"I don't like you", Tommy blantly stated. He said it in a funny way, subconsciously needing to lighten the mood. It didn't lighten; the tension remained thick in the air.

There was the sound of a page being flipped from where Stress was sitting across from them, pretending to read a book. How did Tommy know that she was pretending? Well, the book was upside-down. Unless she was practicing the art of reading upside-down words, Tommy doubted she was actually reading.

Tommy had asked her to stay, so she wasn't intruding in their little... could he call that a conversation? He didn't know and he didn't care. It was an exchange of words. Boom. There.

"I know", Dream responded, hands held together on the table. Tommy couldn't tell if he was being stared at behind that mask but for once, the feeling of scrutiny and the aura of darkness wasn't bearing down on him.

"And I don't want you here", Tommy continued, completely disregarding the man's answer. "I don't want you near my family"

Another page turned. Tommy wished that it had turned in his life by now and not physically in a book.

"I know"

"You don't know shit!", he retorted, finally standing up. Dream didn't even flinch. Strong, almighty Dream, only known to have bowed to one fucking person and that being Technoblade.

"I'm sorry, Tommy", it was the time for Dream to disregard him, apparently. "For the wars, the discs... Hell, even Henry! I know, I wasn't the best admin. I've learnt that now. I hadn't planned for the server to be near anarchy"

Tommy was silent. Silently dissecting Dream's every word, nose scrounged up as if to sniff out any lies. He found none and that was awfully concerning. There was no familiar form of irony or sarcasm; everything he knew about Dream was slowly being hammered at and cracking.

The information he already had was being destroyed.

"I talked with the hermits throughout the month. I get why you like them", there was a small glance to the side, the  book was still the wrong way 'round and a moment of understanding was shared. "I like them, they're cool people.  I've talked with Xisuma a lot and I've decided to start anew with everyone"

Tommy raised an eyebrow. "With everyone?"

"Yeah", Dream nodded. "Everyone. Sapnap, George, Eret... you, if you let me"

"What if I don't want to fucking leg you?", Tommy couldn't help but shout. A concerned bark came from somewhere behind him. He paid it no mind.

"Then that's fine", Dream sighed. He looked at his hands, then back at him. "I'm returning to my server in a week. I'll bring Wilbur back, say my goodbyes and hand the server to Callahan"

Tommy was more or less stunned. Dream was leaving his own server; that had to be some joke. Why was that so difficult to comprehend?

He sat back down, feeling almost defeated as he slumped back into his seat like a sorry potato sack.

"What the fuck happened to you?"

Tommy was pleasantly surprised when Stress had just noticed that the book was upside-down, turning it over and shoving her nose in it to tune him out.

Dream shrugged nonchalantly. "A lot, I guess"

That's "a lot" alright, Tommy thought.

"I'm sorry about Spirit, by the way" -truthfully, he was more sad about himself digging up the grave of an innocent animal. Dream could cry for it, Tommy didn't care. "I shouldn't have done all that", he lazily waved a hand.

"I've moved on from Spirit, I told you", then Dream shook his head. Tommy half-glared. "It doesn't matter now anyway. I'm going away for a while, we might never cross paths again, so I wanted to tell you this before I left"

"I don't think I want to see you again", Tommy said, "I don't want to forgive you"

"You don't have to"

"I also don't want you around my family", Tommy held back from bringing up the hurt the guy had already caused them.

"That's fair"

It was fair. Tommy would give him that much credit.

He stood up, threw Stress a glance and walked out. Secretly, he wished the admin good luck with the titan task he'd set for himself.

Tommy had already talked to Xisuma about his family. Phil, Techno and Wilbur -actual, real Wilbur!- would visit come the end of the next month.

Dream would leave, bring Wilbur back and go to Prime knew where.

Tommy would stay with the hermits, at least until he got bored and then go find his mates outside of Hermitcraft and the SMP. Maybe he'd ask Cleo if he could bring Shroud off-server.

The hermits, for better or worse, would have both of their backs. Wishing them both the best of success and good-will.

What more could you ask from a family of hermits?