Happiness and peace bring problems, peeps

Someone requested more hermits, so have more hermits + angst <3
At this point, minor things like the spawn building have been erased from my memory. If I can recall the bibs and bobs that have remained correctly, it was an egg-shaped build but I am unsure, so it shall be referred to as a building :)

...probably. Anyway, Enjoy!

---

Xisuma hadn't known what had hit him when Dream had first escaped. Then again, Dream was known for being light and quick on his feet; of course he wouldn't have had seen it coming- or, in that case, going.

He had strewn out every book he had stored in the library shelves on a makeshift table of jungle wood planks and some sticks (it was something that he had hastily put together due to such short notice). Everything regarding Admin power and etiquette, he had found and placedd it on that mess of wood for... well, both for Tommy and Dream's sake. The faster he was done teaching Dream everything about being a proper administrator and overseeing him manage his server with less interventions, the sooner Tommy could return to living his life on Hermitcraft.

And the sooner he could put his mind at ease that there would be one less corrupt admin roaming the halls of the Hub. Something inside him purred at the reality that he would've helped in the efforts.

Sitting Dream down for a lecture was incredibly awkward but thankfully, Evil X buzzing about the room eased the atmosphere. Xisuma didn't want to hold a grudge against the much younger man as he spoke, and so, he kept himself as impartial as he could. There had been many opportunities that he could've made a jab at Dream's previous actions against his friends and the much harsher ones against Tommy. He had to constantly remind himself that Dream was still young constantly.

Dream was in his early twenties, not even half of Xisuma's age and holding near no experience. Power can corrupt, Xisuma knew that firsthand from his own experience... he had been on the receiving end of corruption once, years and years back. It had been so long ago that he couldn't remember the name of the server he'd been a part of, nor the individual who was causing unrighteous chaos. Thankfully, he had caught up on the abuse quickly and managed to whisk away some of the friends he'd made back then.

Back then, he hadn't known that he could've had reported them; to have them handled by someone stronger and have the lives of the people on the server spared. Back then, all he knew was how to help and save himself and a few others.

He felt... justified, in a way, that he had the honor of changing someone who had been molded in such a wicked way.

So, he had put his best teacher demeanor on, tried to muster his inner Cleo, and he taught; impartial and going by the word of the book.

He had no idea what Dream was thinking behind that mask of his and he didn't know where he was looking but Xisuma could feel the scrutiny; that he was being studied. That had been satisfying enough because despite the circumstances under which they met weren't fortunate, Dream was listening. If not listening, at least he was present in both body and spirit and that, Xisuma had deemed, was enough.

Dream hadn't asked any questions. Instead, he had been eerily silent, drumming his fingers on the surface of the jungle wood and just... studying him. Xisuma wondered for a moment how Cleo could put up with that sort of behavior from her own students for as many years as she had been going from school to school and mentally commending her for surviving the first day.

There Xisuma was, trying his best to be a teacher and simultaneously trying not to show that he was sweating bullets about it. The years he'd accumulated living, thankfully, made things a little easier- that and Evil X's presence in the room. Even though his evil clone was in his bee form, the fact that he was there and the idea that he could sound the alarm if something horrific happened put Xisuma's head at ease.