Stuck in thorns and missing all the while...

So I noticed that I made a little mistake in the last plot-chapter about Fundy being in the bedroom and then suddenly teleporting him to the couch, so now we will ignore that and say that Fundy always was on the couch. OK? 'mkay.

---

"Dream?", False questioned, prompting Fundy to confirm if she had heard right, not wanting to believe her own ears. Fundy, however, was still groggy and delirious from sleep and sickness to response cohesively.

The two anarchists paused in their idle chatter and sharing of the fond memories in the letters. Philza in particular grew worried, his forehead wrinkling as his eyebrows furrowed. Something hit the window and his head snapped towards it; it was a crow. The little feathered creature was pecking at the glass and making noise until the man let it in the house. The crow cared a few times and to False's surprise, Phil nodded his head like he could understand its language.

Technoblade simply moved to the window overlooking the front yard. They had closed the curtains for their little meeting, so he gingerly pulled them back just enough to have a peek outside.

False stayed quiet in her seat, feet perched and bouncing in clear anxiety on the wooden piece connecting the chair legs. She looked at Fundy for a second, who was waving an arm around for something in the air; probably something to latch onto. A pang in her heart guided her to the poor sight and so she reached forth with her own hand. He grabbed onto it immediately, his grip as strong as the bite of a fox and desperate.

"Fundy, are you alright?", she asked quietly. The only indication that he'd heard her was a small flick of a furry ear and a whispered mumble of a word. Touching his forehead with the back of her hand, she found that the fox was still a bit feverish, which was definitely not a surprise, seeing as he had gone out in the snow in the midst of his recovery. "Speak to me champ", she urged and strained her ears for anything the young man would mumble.

"Mmhgh..."

"He's outside", Technoblade announced like it was something to be expected, his demeanor perfectly calm and stoic, a heavy contrast to the ecstatic and animated version False witnessed during their small family moment. The man hums in contemplation. "I still wonder why my dogs don't attack him"

False felt a sharp tingle of dread run down her back, the hairs on her nape raising and nerves prickling like cactus spines. The administrator of the server was outside and he was probably looking; looking for either her and Wels or Fundy but she couldn't know. The method they'd used to sneak into the SMP was one that would allow them to go undetected for a good amount of days, thanks to Xisuma and Doc's combined genius so, Dream was probably not here to check for intruders... That would be if he hadn't found out about Wels already; she hoped her friend was safe in New L'Manburg still.

A hand landed on her shoulder, rough and calloused from years of hard work but not unkind yet she flinched. She'd been so focused on Fundy's incoherent mumbling that she hadn't noticed Phil come to her side. His expression was tone-like, unreadeable and stoic but not worried or morbidly scared; that was reassuring. It helped ease her growing anxiety but her heart was still beating hard, her ribcage aching with each pound.

"He's come for you", the man said. The crow perched on the man's shoulder cawed a sentence and Phil quickly addressed it in an irretated tone. "Yes, chat, I'm getting to it", that same crow must've snitched.

False stood up, eyes wide and soul alert. If Dream was looking for her that meant either of two things: one, he had found out about their arrival sooner than expected or two, he had found Wels. She would've liked if it had been the former but if it had been the latter, she didn't know whether to feel relieved or guilty. Gods, what if Wels was injured, dead or worse?