Chapter 16

It's been a few days since Esther's death. You still weren't sad about it. She had made you an immortal monster. You were chilling in the living room. Klaus walks into the room with Rebekah following close behind. "We have to go to the Salvatore's." Klaus says looking at you. "Why?" You ask. "Stefan has the person who knows where the white oak stake is." He answers "and we're gonna go get it."

You get up from the couch and vamp speed up to your room to get your leather jacket. You vamp speed back down and walk out to the car where your brother and sister were waiting.

Klaus was driving and you were sitting in the back seat since Rebekah called shotgun. You guys arrive at the Salvatore Boarding School. You immediately get out of the car and walk inside. When you got inside no one was around. Then you hear groaning and banging from below. You assumed someone was in the cellar. Klaus and Rebekah walked in. Klaus stood by the fire while Rebekah sat down on the couch. You pour yourself a glass of bourbon and take a seat in the couch.

After a while of waiting Rebekah and Klaus stand up. They both start to pace around. While you sit there and watch while taking sips of bourbon. "This is taking forever!" You say after you finish the bourbon. Then Stefan suddenly walks into the room. "That wasn't too hard was it?" Klaus says with a smirk on his face.

You start walking towards the cellar. Rebekah follows behind you. You open the cellar door and grab Alaric by the shirt. You basically drag him out of the cellar. You quickly heal him with your blood. You and Rebekah both go to the car and leave Klaus inside.

Rebekah drives to the Lockwood cellar. You both go down into the place where vampires can't go in. "Go get it." Rebekah says. "We both can't come in." Alaric goes into the side of the cave and grabs a stake. Alaric starts to walk towards the coffin in the cave. "Now, why would I give you.." He starts to say "the one thing that requires everyone to keep me alive?"

Alaric sits on the coffin. "So we're bargaining now?" You say. Rebekah nods. "Fine. What's your offer?" She says. "There is only one stake out there. Which means only one original has to die." Alaric states. "Help me. And I'll make sure it's not either of you who dies."

The offer was tempting to you but you don't want to do that to Nik or any of your other siblings. "Tenuous, but points for effort." Rebekah says, "you see, I don't want one original dead." Rebekah walks over the border. Your eyes widen. "I want them all to die." She says. She vamp speeds over to you and snaps your neck. Everything goes black.

~~

You wake up chained to a chair. You pull on the chains but they won't budge. You felt weaker than usual. After a few minutes of thinking you came to the conclusion that Alaric and Rebekah had drugged you with vervain and wolfsbane.

Why would Rebekah do this? She wanted to live before. What changed? Your thoughts were drowning in confusion.

After what felt like hours the door to the room you were trapped in opened. Alaric walked into the room. "Let me out." You say weakly. Alaric grabs a cloth and dumps it into a bucket of water. He walks over to where you were chained up and raps it over your mouth. It starts to burn. Tears fall down your face from the pain.

Alaric walks over to a window. He pulls out his phone and dials a number. Alaric looks out the window. "Yeah, sorry about that." He says into the phone. You couldn't tell who he was talking to. You were too focused on the pain. "I just needed to get my head together." You try to focus on the person on the other side of the phone but you couldn't hear who it was. "I don't know. I woke up alone. There isn't any sign of it." Alaric says, glancing over at you. "I think I'm gonna leave town for a while. I keep blacking out." He says "Which means I'm a threat to everyone." Alaric looks out the window. "It's only gonna be for a few days. But I got to go." Alaric hangs up on the phone.

The door opens again. Rebekah walks in. "Quite the liar you are." Rebekah says walking towards him. You start to scream but she ignores you. "Damon is too arrogant to think that his only friend would betray him." Alaric says walking around the coffins and towards Rebekah. "Just as Niklaus would blindly accept an invitation from his beloved sister," she says setting down a jar with ash in it next to a coffin. "unaware that he is headed to his own death." She had a dagger in her hand and she ripped it in the jar.

"Did you give him the stake?" Alaric says. "He burned it without even hesitating." Rebekah says. You tried screaming again, but they both still ignored you. "So, where is the real one?" He asks. "You will get it when it can no longer be used against me in this body." She says while opening one of the coffins.

Inside the coffin you saw your mother. And what did Rebekah mean by "this body?" Alaric steps closer to Rebekah. "So how do you.." He starts. "Return to my true form?" Rebekah finishes the sentence for him. "With a little magic." She answers. "And help from a vampire hunter." She hands the stake to Alaric. He takes it from her. He jumps forward and stabs her with it. She gasps and starts to desicate. Her body drops to the floor.

Alaric stares down at the body. Then, he looks over at Esther's body in the coffin. Esther gasps and opens her eyes.

So that explains it. Esther took form in Rebekah's body. You were still confused though. How did Esther even get into Rebekah's body? You had so many questions. But your main focus was getting out of there.

———————————————————————————
A/N: I think since I haven't been writing as often lately I'm gonna start posting a chapter at least once a week.