Chapter 23

Today, you and Rebekah are going shopping for houses. Earlier in the morning, you both decided you wanted to go for a house that was more simple and small. Considering only 2 people would be living in it.

Before you guys left the house, you checked an online website for houses in Mystic Falls so you knew which ones had a showing. You and Rebekah decided to go to a house right next to the town border. It was a simple small house, it was a 2 bedroom, and 3 bathrooms. You both decided that it would be a good option.

You both left the house, linking arms. You drove to the house and smiled and laughed with Rebekah about the previous day. You arrive at the house showing and there were a few people there as well. It was a small crowd.

You got out of the car with a smile on your face. The showing was about to start in only a few minutes. So, you looked at the people among the crowd. There was a family of 3, 2 boys who looked like they might be in their 20s, and a man who stood out the most to you. You stared for a minute, swearing to yourself that you knew who he was. Your attention was taken away from him when the lady showing the house came out. She explained a bit about the house then allowed everyone to go inside.

You looked around at the very small house. You were excited that you might be living there. Towards the end of the tour, the lady allowed everyone to look around freely. You and Rebekah both went to separate rooms.

While you were looking around upstairs while Rebekah covered the downstairs, the man came up to you. "Y/n Mikaelson." He said with a smile on his face. You look away from the closet you were looking in to face a man you once knew. "Well if it isn't Liam Smith." You say as he starts to bow. You giggle a little.

Liam and you used to date back in the 1500s but broke up after his family discovered you were a vampire and you turned him. "I haven't seen you in ages." He states. You nod, pursing your lips. "How have you been?" You ask, trying to make the conversation as normal as possible. "I've been good. Living a very great "human" life." He answers, making quotation marks with his fingers. "What about you? How have you been?" He asked. "Better than I was when we first met. Much better." You answer. You look down at your feet, feeling awkward. Rebekah walks in. "Let's go. We have to look at the next house." She says walking over to you, grabbing you by the arm and starting to drag you out of the room.

"Who's he?" She asked while still dragging you out of the room. "An old friend." You respond. You both get into the car and drive to the next showing.

This next showing is a 2 bedroom house, 1 bathroom, a small kitchen, a small living room area, and a small walk-in closet in both bedrooms. You weren't very thrilled by this house. It felt too small for you and Rebekah agreed.

The next showing you guys went to was a bigger house. It was a 2 bedroom, 3 bathrooms, big walk-in closets in each bedroom, a pretty big living room area, a medium sized kitchen, and it had a garage. You really liked this house, it wasn't so small and as much as you may not use much of the space in the whole house it wouldn't feel so cramped.

After that house, both you and Rebekah both decided that you both liked it and wanted it. So, after everyone was gone you and Rebekah compelled the salesman to sell the house to you guys. After buying the house, you guys went back to the Mikaelson mansion to pack any clothes or necessities.

You both packed at least a few boxes of clothes and stuff then loaded it into the car. You had packed about 10 pairs of clothes, your hair products, and a little bit of bourbon from the house. You guys left back to the house and you put your stuff in the room that you decided is yours.

"I have to go to school." Rebekah said from the doorway. "Okay, I'll see you later." You say. She leaves and you sit on the floor of your room. You grabbed the bourbon from the box and a glass cup, filling the cup to the top. You take a sip and sigh.

You thought back to Liam. Why was he here? You and Liam were both in love. You were in fact engaged but his parents forbade it. They never liked you but they hated you even more when they found out what you were. Shortly before his parents tried to burn you to death, you turned him. They knocked you out and tied you to a cross. As if you were a witch and tried to burn you. But yet again, like in many situations your werewolf side really helped. You had no choice but to leave the country. As the years passed, you had thought of him but thought he died after you escaped.

You downed the whole glass of bourbon at the thought of your ex-lover. You had forgotten about him a while ago, hoping he found peace. You pull out your phone to call the furniture place. After all, you didn't want to sleep on the floor tonight.

You put in the order for the furniture and offered to pay them extra to deliver it tonight. They agreed and came with the stuff. After they unloaded all of it in the rooms they were gonna be in, you compelled the men to assemble it the furniture. It took them about 1 hour for them to finish assembling everything.

Right before they were done, Rebekah came home. "Wow!" She says, walking around the couch. She stood in front of the long thin table with bourbon on top of it. She pours herself a glass then takes a seat on the couch. "I like it." She says. You smile and pour yourself a glass of bourbon as well. The men that were assembling everything left.

"So, who was the guy from earlier?" Rebekah asks, making a teasing face. "An old friend." You answer, taking a sip from the glass. She raised her eyebrows. "I'm not stupid." She says. "Clearly, something happened between you 2." You roll your eyes. "Fine, we were a couple in the 1500s, but I had to go when his family found out what I was. They tried to burn me." You admit. "I thought they killed him. Apparently, I was wrong. He must've fed and fled the country." Rebekah nods slowly then finishes her drink. "I'm going to bed." She announces, standing up. "Good night!" She goes up to her bedroom and you stay on the couch thinking about him.

~~

"Turn me." Liam says. "What?" You ask. "Turn me, they know who you are but I love you and want to be with you forever. We can run away together." He answers. "Being a vampire is a curse, Liam." You say. "It's something I would never wish upon you." You touch his face and rub your thumb on his cheek.

"Turn me, please, Y/n." He says. Tears fill his eyes and yours. You bite your wrist and hold your wrist against his mouth. He sucks the blood from your wrist for a few seconds. You pull your wrist away and look deeply into his eyes. "Do it." He says, nodding. You snap his neck and carry him to his bed. You lay on his chest, crying a bit.

Men with armor barge into the room with torches in hand. You sit up, immediately. You hesitate to leave Liam's side but stand in front of the men. They point the torches at you and you jump out the window. You fall to the ground, landing on your feet and starting to run. Men were chasing after you, but the only thought in your mind was Liam. And what they would do to him.

Eventually, after some time of running, you blacked out. You awoke hanging from a cross, a crowd of people in front of you. "Burn her!" The crowd roared. You looked over to your side to see torches lighting the cross. Your eyes flashed the golden color and you started to turn. You broke free of the chains that were holding you down and started to run.

You kept running, leaving the country and not turning back until morning. The moment you turned back, the only person you could think of was Liam and if he was dead or not.

~~

You walk up to your bedroom and put on pajamas. You curl up in your bed underneath the covers. You kept thinking of Liam and slowly drifted to sleep, glad he was still alive.

———————————————————————————
A/N: I got really bored writing this chapter. But I finally added an actual love interest and I'm proud of myself for that.