Chapter 20

You wake up to your phone buzzing. Rebekah turns on the light as you pick up your phone to check the caller ID. Elijah was calling you, but why? You answer. "What is so important that you must call me at 1 in the morning?" You ask in a tired voice. "Klaus has been desiccated by Bonnie Bennett." Elijah says over the phone. You look over at Rebekah who was just as tired as you. "Damon has taken his body and hidden it." You shake your head. "So?" You say with an attitude.

Elijah sighs. "I want his body." He states. "Will you get it? I'll find out his location and send it to you." You sigh. You put Elijah on speaker. "Fine!" Rebekah says, "We'll do it."

"Also, when I obtain the body, please do not wake our brother." He asks "Yeah, okay whatever." You say "Goodbye, sisters." He says and you hang up on him. You groan, frustrated. "I guess I'm gonna get dressed." You say. You grab your clothes from the suitcase and go to the bathroom to get changed.

You change into black ripped jeans, a dark red cropped long-sleeve shirt, a black leather jacket, and black heel-boots. You walk off the bathroom and Rebekah goes in to get changed. You start to pack all of your guys' stuff. After Rebekah comes out of the bathroom she helps.

You both put all the stuff in the car, and Rebekah goes to turn in the key. You both decided that it was your turn to drive. By the time you were leaving the motel parking lot Elijah sent you the location of Klaus' body. You start the GPS to a storage unit.

Once you get there, both you and Rebekah get out of the car. You both go into the building. "Damon!" You shout, your voice echoes with the emptiness of the hallway. "Damon, where are you?" Rebekah adds. You both walk through the rows of storage rooms. You walk past storage rooms with the doors open. A hand covers your mouth and you freak out a little. "Rebekah, Y/n." Damon whispers into both of your ears. Damon, let's go. You turn around to look at him. He covers his mouth with his finger motioning for you to stay quiet.

Damon turns around the corner then motions for you and Rebekah to follow. He grabs a coffin and starts to roll it out. Alaric vamp speeds in front of you guys pushing Rebekah and throwing her against a car. She fell to the ground. Alaric then kicks Damon in the leg and knocks him onto the floor. Your eyes flash gold for a second as you prepare to fight Alaric. He tries to kick you but fails when you grab his foot knocking him to the floor. He uses his foot to kick your leg and knock you down. You fall but jump on top of him. You go to reach and rip out his heart, but he flips you over and points the white oak stake at you. You fight as hard as you can. You push him off, you spring him into the air.

You go to stand up but Alaric lands on his feet right in front of you. He kicks you to the ground and into the tire of the car. Alaric opens the coffin. You stand up. You vamp speed to Alaric and push him away from the coffin. But he gets back up and pushes you to the ground again. He stands in front of the coffin again and stakes Klaus in the heart. Fire comes from the body.

"NO!" You scream. Tears start falling from your eyes. Rebekah does the same. Damon holds her back from going after Alaric. You fall to the ground, weak. Sobbing harder than ever before. "Rebekah, run." Damon orders her. "Run!" She runs out of the room still distraught from witnessing her brother's death. You stayed on the floor sobbing.

You felt helpless. You just witnessed your twin's death. Alaric starts to come for you. You didn't even try to fight it. You didn't care if you died anymore. Damon sped towards Alaric, shielding you. Alaric pushes Damon from the ground and still goes after you. Alaric stands in front of you holding the white oak stake high in the air. Right before he drives it through your heart a rush of anger consumes you. You stop him and bend his arm backwards. You push him out of the way and speed out the room going the same way Rebekah did.

You get to the car where Rebekah was sobbing and getting ready to leave. You get in as quickly as possible. "Go." You say. She responds with a nod. She pulls out of the parking lot as fast as she can. She starts speeding in the direction of Mystic Falls.

You sob and stare out the window. You couldn't believe it, your brother is dead. You start to sob harder at the thought. "He's dead." You sob. Rivers of tears were falling down your face. You breathe heavily. Rebekah wasn't crying as much anymore. She looks at you with more tears running down her face. She takes your hand in hers and squeezes it. You were basically drowning yourself in tears.

After what seems like hours of sitting in the car, you finally arrive in Mystic Falls. You and Rebekah ditch the car somewhere nearby the woods to go find Elijah. You find Elijah in the woods near the road.

Rebekah followed close behind you. "What's wrong?" Elijah asks, looking at your bloodshot eyes from you crying. "He's dead." Rebekah answers for you. You look away from Elijah. He pulls you and Rebekah into a hug. "I couldn't do anything." You say, starting to cry again. Elijah pulls away from the hug once your tears start to slow down. "Tyler Lockwood is dead, but the rest survived." He says with sadness in his eyes but a curious look on his face. "You said that Niklaus turned their bloodline, Rebekah."

She shakes her head. "I thought he did." Rebekah says. "It wasn't me or Kol." Elijah says. "It's not me either." Rebekah says. "It was Niklaus, I'm sure of it." Elijah looks away from her then glances at you. "Then how are they still alive?" He asks both of you, but mostly asks you. You wipe your tears. "They could be from mine." You say.

Elijah looks at you for a moment then looks away as if he's trying to decide something in his head. "Alaric is still out there, we'll have to start running again." He says, looking at Rebekah now. "Okay." You and Rebekah say in unison. You all stay there for a while before Elijah goes to get everything you guys need.

Once Elijah was out of Rebekah and your sight Rebekah turned to you. "I don't want to start running again." She complains to you. "We already know how to kill Alaric." You nod in agreement. "We just need to kill Elena." You say. "Well, let's go then."

Both you and Rebekah vamp speed to the wickery bridge since Matt and Elena hadn't gotten there yet. You both stand in the middle of the road. Rebekah pulls out her phone and dials a number.

"Hello." Stefan says on the other side of the phone. "You're alive." Rebekah says into the phone. "Congratulations. Elijah spoke to Elena." You cross your arms. "Her and Matt should be arriving back in town any minute." Rebekah taunts. "Yeah he told me that. He also said that you 2 would be gone out of town by now with your sister." Stefan says. "That's the problem. Elijah says that we have to run," She says, "that the hunter will keep coming for us, but I don't want to run anymore, Stefan." She glances at you then looks towards the way to leave and enter Mystic Falls. "I've spent my whole life running." She says with almost no emotion. "What are you talking about? We had a deal." He asks. "I'm sorry, but Klaus is dead." She says looking at you with a sad look in her eyes. "There is no deal." She looks away from you and back towards the entrance and exit to Mystic Falls. "If our family is going to survive, we need to get rid of Alaric." You pitch in. "And the only way to get rid of Alaric," Rebekah starts to say. "Rebekah, no." Stefan begs. "Goodbye, Stefan." She says and hangs up the phone.

You hear a car coming towards both of you. You face the same way as Rebekah. "They're coming." You state. Rebekah grabs your hand as you both stand in the middle of the road. You stand there without a smile on your face and so does Rebekah. You both watch the car drive off the bridge, and fall into the water. You and Rebekah vamp speed away from the scene of the crime.

Elena was dead, or dying. Which meant that so was Alaric. Your family was free. You didn't have to run away like they once did years ago.

———————————————————————————
A/N: I'm thinking about making someone from the storyline the love interest or someone else? Like maybe bringing an ex-lover from her past? But I'm also thinking about making Y/n turn off her humanity since Klaus "died."