The Runaway

"How could you do this to me? You betrayed me!" the caught Toph yelled at me.

"You brought this on yourself. I had no choice," I said turning away as the helpless Earthbender was dragged away.

Three days earlier.

Toph and I faced each other in fighting stances, ready for combat. Aang put on his headband over his eyes in the middle of us.

"Okay! I'm ready for some training," he said.

He took his own fighting stance and Toph bended several columns of rock at him. He dodged them with ease. I sent a water whip at him and he also avoided it, sending it back as well as sending a boulder at Toph, who caught it.

"Good job, Twinkle Toes, Visualize- then attack!" Toph said propelling the boulder back.

Aang sank into the ground avoiding it. Instead, it hit me. I got up.

"Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!" I snapped.

"What's the matter? Can't handle a little dirt, Madame Fussy Britches?" she taunted.

I drenched Toph with a wave.

"Oh, sorry, did I splash you, mud slug?!"

Furious, we zoomed toward each other on ice and earth. We collided and fell off with shrieks of rage. With our bending colliding, we created mud. We began to wrestle in it. It was way unlike the mud fight we had with Aang.

"Hungry for a mud pie?" Toph yelled and kicked mud in my face.

"I'll give you a mud pie!" I screamed.

I bended Toph to the ground. Toph sprung back up and Earthbended me into the air. We're about to have another go but-

"Uh, guys, I thought we were supposed to be training me," he said.

"Very well, pupil. I believe we've had enough training for today," I said walking away to clean up.

When I returned to camp there was a note from Sokka.

Out to go shopping. Be back soon. Please make dinner.

- Sokka

I sighed and turned to the cooking pot. I stirred some soup and by the time I was finished, the three of them came back laughing. They threw down some groceries at my feet, proudly.

"Where did you guys get the money to buy all this stuff?" I asked.

"Toph got us money. She scammed one of those guys that moves the shells around all sneaky- like," Aang answered.

"She used Earthbending to win the game. Classic," Sokka said.

"Ah, so she cheated," I corrected.

"Hey, I only cheated because he was cheating. I cheated a cheater. What's wrong with that?" Toph asked me.

"I'm just saying this isn't something we should make a habit of doing," I said.