The Boiling Rock Part 2

I woke up, my arms still tightly around the young Avatar. He was still asleep, a smile plastered on his face. I blushed slightly and slowly removed my arms. Aang tossed in his sleep and his back faced me. I looked around to see everyone else asleep. The ceiling was still open and it poured light into the room. I walked out of the room and made my way back downstairs. Toph soon caught up with me.

"What's up, Sugar Queen?" she said.

"Nothing, I'm gonna make some breakfast," I said. "How'd you sleep?"

"Not well, Katara. Not well," she muttered.

"Why not?"

"You and Aang kept me up all night. I swear, your heartbeats could've jumped out of your chest, they were pounding so fast."

I blushed. "Sorry. I had no idea. I was so tired that I-."

"Save it."

We continued to walk down to camp. I cooked up some noodles and placed them at the feet of the sleeping bags. Aang made his way down about thirty minutes later. He was rubbing his left eye.

"Morning," he yawned.

"Morning, sleepyhead. Breakfast is right there," I said pointing to his bowl.

"Thanks, Katara," he replied and sat down.

I sat down next to him and Toph sat on my other side. We ate our noodles in silence as Haru, The Duke, and Teo made their way down. They picked up their bowls and they talked amongst themselves as Toph, Aang, and I did the same.

"Nice noodles Katara. How'd you make them?" Aang asked then slurped one up.

"I just did what anyone would do. But I add something extra. I add just a pinch of love," I said.

Toph snorted.

"What? That's the secret ingredient for everything," Aang said.

"It was also a joke," I said then drank the soup the noodles were in.

Toph started to laugh.

"Joke? That's no joke!" she said.

The others looked at her strangely as Aang and I looked confused.

"What do you mean?" Aang asked after the other boys went back to their own conversation.

"Twinkle- Toes, were you awake last night?" Toph said. "Sugar Queen hugged you."

"She hugs me all the time," Aang pointed out.

"She romantically held you last night," Toph hissed trying to give him the message.

Aang's face remained clueless. It was similar to the face he made when I suggested we kiss in the Cave of Two Lovers: Absolutely clueless.

"I was tired," I argued with Toph. "I had no idea what I did and I just woke up like that!"

"Katara and Aang! Sitting in a tree! K- I- S- S- I- N- G! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the Bender in the baby carriage!" Toph taunted.