The Firebending Masters

Aang was practicing Firebending with Zuko. I had no intentions to watch. I also didn't want to get burned... again. I was making dinner when Toph plopped herself next to me.

"How's it going Sugar Queen?" she asked.

"Fine."

"Still steamed about Zuko or are you hiding a crush?"

"WHAT!? Why would I ever fall in love with- with Zuko!?" I demanded. "Besides you already know who I like. Or do I have to bring up you and Sokka?"

Toph grimaced. "Fair enough. I wouldn't either."

"Wouldn't what?"

"Wouldn't fall in love with Scarface."

I finished dinner and began to put it in a bowl for everyone. Aang and Zuko returned from their practice. Zuko leaned against a pillar and crossed his arms. Sokka started to make a fire. The rest of us gathered around and ate dinner. Zuko finally walked over.

"Listen everybody; I've got some pretty bad news. I've lost my stuff," he said.

"Don't look at me. I didn't touch your stuff," Toph said.

"I'm talking about my Firebending. It's gone," he explained.

I started to laugh. Everyone turned towards me and Zuko looked really annoyed.

"What's so funny?" Aang asked.

"I'm sorry. I'm just laughing at the irony. You know... how it would have been nice for us if you lost your Firebending a long time ago," I said.

"Well, it's not lost. It's just weaker for some reason," Zuko said.

I glared daggers at Zuko.

"Maybe you're not as good as you think you are," I hissed.

"Ouch," Toph said with a grin.

"I bet it's because I changed sides," Zuko said.

"That's ridiculous," I said.

"I don't know. Maybe it isn't. Maybe your Firebending comes from rage, and you don't have enough anger to fuel it the way you used to," Aang pointed out.

Sokka stood up and walked over to Zuko with his sword.

"So, all we need to do is to make Zuko angry... easy enough," he said.

He began to jab Zuko with the hilt of his sword a few times.

"OKAY! Cut it out!" Zuko yelled.

Sokka threw his sword in the air and it landed on his head. He walked back to his spot next to Toph.

"Look... even if you're right, I don't want to rely on hate and anger anymore. There has to be another way," Zuko said rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"You're gonna need to learn to draw your Firebending from a different source. I recommend the original source," Toph said.