The Phoenix King

We were resting on the steps of Zuko's old beach house. Aang and Zuko were practicing Firebending. Aang blasted fire in different directions as Zuko monitored them.

"More ferocious!" he yelled.

Aang blasted more fire from his fists.

"Imagine striking through your opponent's heart!" Zuko said.

Aang blew some more fire but then slumped over, frustrated.

"Ugh! I'm trying. I can't do anything while you're-," he began.

"Now let me here you roar like a tiger- dillo!" Zuko yelled.

Aang sighed and made a very weak attempt in the blast. He roared rather softly and small flames erupted from his palms and mouth.

"That sounded pathetic. I said roar!" Zuko shouted.

This time, he roared ferociously and Firebended rather strongly. He turned to Zuko who nodded in approval.

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" I asked him.

He turned to me, he eyes wide with greed and a grin on his face.

"Ooh, ooh! Me, me, me!" he said happily.

Zuko grabbed Aang's robes as he tried to run to the watermelon I was holding for him.

"Hey, your lesson's not over yet. Get back here," Zuko said lifting Aang up.

"C'mon, Zuko. Just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki said.

"Fine," Zuko said and let go of Aang.

He proceeded to run to the watermelon and took it from my hand. He drank it with glee and sat next to me.

"Thank you, Katara!" he said after a long drink.

I smiled. "I thought you deserved a break."

"If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail- sloths all day, then go ahead," Zuko said and walked away.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that," Sokka said slowly standing up. "Beach party!"

He ripped off his robes and ran to the beach. Suki and I looked at each other with looks of concern but Aang ran after Sokka, laughing, throwing his robe on my head. I pulled it off and shrugged.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Sure," Suki agreed.

"I'm all for it," Toph said.

We slipped out of our robes into our swimsuits and ran after the boys. I bended up a ice board and surfed easily along the waves.

"Nice moves, Katara!" my brother called.

"Really? Just like this?" I said sending a giant wave at him.

He resurfaced with a grin. Sokka gathered up some seaweed and made it back to the sand. I looked out and saw an Appa sand sculpture on the beaches and Toph Sandbending. I continued to surf but I heard a yelp. I looked quickly back at the shore to find Aang running for his life from Zuko. I surfed back to shore.